The 15 Most Profitable Affiliate Programs with High Ticket
- The 15 Most Profitable Affiliate Programs with High Ticket
- Affiliate program for Music Concert Tickets - Affiliates
- TicketNetwork Affiliate Program – Your Connection To Live
- viagogo - Buy & Sell Concert, Sport & Theater Tickets
- 32 High Ticket Affiliate Programs (2020)-Earn Up To
Framed some concert tickets. At least 11 of these include blink 182 affiliated bands!
Kim Jaejoong's solo concert on August 24 at K-WORLD FESTA 2019 has been cancelled due to "non-affiliated channels selling the concert tickets in advance"
Jaejoong's solo concert on August 24 at K-WORLD FESTA 2019 has been cancelled due to "non-affiliated channels selling the concert tickets in advance"
Big list of Benefits.
submitted by Sethman27 to army [link] [comments]
Figured I would make one big list of benefits people might not know about. Compiled from a bunch of Reddit threads, articles, and things I’ve found on my own. A bunch of these I haven’t used personally so if I’m mistaken on anything please let me know so I can change it! Also if you have anything to add ill put it on the list!
Tuition Assistance. Up to 4000 dollars per FY for college classes, you can sign up at the local Ed Center or GoarmyEd.com some posts have collages on posts that offer day classes which with your commander's approval you can get out of work for 2 hrs a day to go to class. as well as night classes if in-person learning is more your thing.https://www.goarmyed.com/
Army COOL: Up to 4000 dollars per FY (shared with TA) to get credentials. A great new resource to help get yourself set up Promo points and get recognized for the skills you already possess. I haven’t used this myself so hopefully, someone else can share their experiences.https://www.cool.osd.mil/army/index.htm
CLEPS/DSST: Military personal are allowed 1 free exam per CLEP AND DSST so if you fail one, you can take the same exam again through the other. that’s even more free college credits and you don’t even need to sit in a class for themhttps://clep.collegeboard.org/earn-college-credit/military-benefitshttps://www.dantes.doded.mil/EducationPrograms/get-credit/creditexam.html
Skillport: Lots of IT and Technical classes here, I don’t believe that they give you certs but they definitely prepare you for the exam whenever you take it. I had to sign up for an account on ATTRS (Gov. Computer)https://usarmy.skillport.com/
Pell Grant: Even more free money! get up to a couple of thousand dollars from the government as long as your going to school, and its a grant so you don't have to pay anything back! https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/grants/pell Posse Veteran's Foundation:
They partner with top schools to ensure groups of veterans are successful in elite undergrad programs. The program will pay for the rest of the time it takes to complete your degree regardless of G.I Bill benefits left. U Chicaco/UVA/Wesleyan/ Vassar College are all sponsors and would love to have more veteran students. The program consists of 3 interview rounds and there is no GPA/SAT threshold to reach to be eligible. https://www.possefoundation.org/shaping-the-future/posse-veterans-program Warrior-Scholar Project:
They host academic boot camps to prepare you to perform at elite schools. The boot camps are hosted by Yale/Harvard/MIT/Princeton/Columbia etc. and offer some great exposure college. The instructors exponentially increase your writing ability in the short time they have you. https://www.warrior-scholar.org/ Service 2 School:
They match you with a mentor from a Vetlinked school and help tailor your entire application to the schools you want to apply to. They have had incredible success getting veterans to the Ivy League schools by providing 1:1 instruction for as long as you need. https://service2school.org/
Yellow Ribbon Schools: Ever want to go to Harvard or Yale or another big name school, but the tuition is so expensive you don't think GI Bill will cover it? Well, guess what? a lot of big-name schools will LOWER their tuition to the maximum amount the GI Bill pays out! https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/post-9-11/yellow-ribbon-program/
FedVTE: Another more technical/Cyber training website for government employees. https://fedvte.usalearning.gov/
Space A. Travel: Free flights! If they are available, it can be a great way to vacation with a little bit of planning and luck involved.https://www.amc.af.mil/Home/AMC-Travel-Site/AMC-Space-Available-Travel-Page/
Epic Ski Pass: For $170 to get access to over 30 resorts including some big names ones.https://www.epicpass.com/pass-results/military.aspx
VetTix: Great way to get tickets to sporting events concerts and stuff. Just have to pay for shipping.https://www.vettix.org/
Blue Star Museum: HUGE amount of museums offer free admission to military and families. (not doing 2020 because of COVID)https://www.arts.gov/national-initiatives/blue-star-museums
Armed Forces Vacation Club: Weeklong Resorts/House/Hotel stays starting at $359 have locations all over the world. Some places offer shorter stays as well. (There's also a version of this for Veterans which is basically the same thing.)https://www.afvclub.com/
Seaworld / Busch Gardens: Seaworld offers military 1 free admission per year.https://seaworld.com/orlando/tickets/military-discount/active/ https://buschgardens.com/tampa/tickets/military-discount/
National Parks: Tons of National parks offer free admission to military personnel. You have to get it in person from a park but it’s still a great deal.https://store.usgs.gov/faq#US-Military
Disney World: Disney World offers 4 5 and 6 day passes for as low as $265 with the park hopper option.https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/
TSA Precheck: Free TSA precheck. Just enter your DOD ID number in the Known Traveler number box.Games2Grunts: Free video games. First come first serve but normally they have some pretty good games and addons.https://gamestogrunts.weareosd.org/
Hunting & Fishing licenses: A lot of states offer free or resident rate hunting and fishing licenses. Have to look into your individual state for more details.
SFL-TAP: SFL-TAP offers a lot more than just the mandatory classes and resumes reviews that most people, They offer Carrer Skills programs which you can do while you’re still in the Army, Gets you away from the unit for a while, help you learn a skill, and normally they will hook you up with a job when you get out. There are also some other things that are a lot more post dependant, Fort Riley, for example, offers free OSHA10/30 and Defensive Driving classes multiple time a year.
LinkedIn Premium: Free year of premium for Soldiers. Offers resume builders and other great resources for finding a job.https://socialimpact.linkedin.com/programs/veterans/premiumform
Boots2Suits: Resume, Professional picture. And other sorts of career placement help. The same people also offer 2 free business attire outfits.https://www.tailoredforsuccess.org/boots2suits
American Corporate Partners: Free yearlong mentorship in a career field of your choice. From what I've heard its a better more specific version of SFL-TAPhttps://www.acp-usa.org/mentoring-program/veteran-application
CDL: Depending on your MOS (or what vehicles you have one your license) some states will waive the Skill test required to get your CDL (Most states I've noticed will still make you pass a knowledge test.)
: This verifies you’re military affiliation and enables discounts through sites like apple’s military deals. many other benefits use this to verify your service. https://www.id.me/
Childcare: ChildcareAware offers assistance with paying for Childcare when On post isn't available. Apparently they also help cover summer camps.https://www.childcareaware.org/fee-assistancerespite/military-families/
GOVX: Online superstore with pretty good discounts on a lot of items and big-name brands.https://www.govx.com/
ExpertVoice: Basically same thing as GOVX https://www.expertvoice.com/
Firearm Discounts: many firearms and accessory manufacturers offer discounts to LEO and Military, most just require you to email them your proof. Glock and Vortex optics are just some of the options. https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program https://vortexoptics.com/military-law-enforcement
Veterans day Meals: Every year tons of places offer free meals to veterans. There's too many to list here so here's a list I found of last year. should be similar year to year. https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/67508/veterans-day-discounts-2019/
SCRA: SCRA from my understanding allows you to refinance all Pre-military loans to a 6% interest rate. Lots of places go above and beyond for this including AMEX and Chase, Who offer their premium cards to active duty personnel with 0 annual fees. and they all come with a host of benefits including Uber credit, access to premium airport lounges. and lots of other things.
MilitaryOneSource: What DOESNT this site do? They offer free anonymous counseling, access to digital MWR libraries, a guide to space A. flights. an amazing resource for almost all things military. https://www.militaryonesource.mil/
Speech Therapy: This was one I was really surprised about if you suffer from a lisp or stutter or some form of speech impediment, give Behavioral Health a call and ask if they offer this. I was able to meet with a therapist once a week for a couple of months and now the lisp i had my entire life is almost completely gone. All for free
ASAP: Everyone hears about it as this bad thing, but if you feel you have a problem with alcohol this is an amazing resource to help you.
Special Thanks to u/BlackShadow10020 u/Trick_Delay u/jeebus_t_god u/ideal_NCO u/milo896 u/-bhank- u/Designer-Lime
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp v3.2.0 Update
| || | submitted by windkirby to ACPocketCamp [link] [comments]
Good morning, eggler anglers! If you noticed enormous exclamations sproinging all over screen this morning, it might not be malware this time—Pocket Camp’s second update for April has brought some \**new 3D**\
** UI changes, a couple new features, and a small amount of game content as well.
- Version Codes
- v3.1.2c was 5fd63, v3.2.0 is 35dd8
- Pretty Pastels Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt
- April's scavenger hunt will see us collecting traditional covered-bun-sporting Gyroidites to earn some sugary-pink Chinese place settings and treats. As it's scheduled for mid-April, it's likely to start either immediately after or 24 hours after the Fishing Tourney ends.
- Mitzi's Aviary Cookie
- Mitzi's birdcage-themed cookie is perfect for the homebody or hungry bird-watching enthusiast, including a handheld birdcage and multi-tiered perch as the five-star item. This cookie is scheduled for mid-April and is likely to come out in the next few days.
- Traditional Clothing Collection
- Take it Chinese-y with some gorgeous pieces that will have you ready to partake in the grandest of traditional festivals. This set comes with the long-awaited bun covers to finally stop us from exposing our buns to the world. This collection is very likely (i.e. kinda certain) to be Leaf-Ticket-exclusive and is scheduled for mid-April.
- New Villagers
- When we had given up hope, finally, some old friends from previous Animal Crossing games have been spotted in the distance from Gulliver's Ship—we'll just need some maps to get them here. These animals are not available yet—look for an announcement in-game when their (likely two) islands become available! These animals include Buck the jock horse, Kitt the kind kangaroo (normal), Rizzo the cranky mouse, Pate the peppy duck, Daisy the kind dog, Pecan the snooty squirrel, and Graham the smug hamster. Their themes are not known yet, and which villager offers which special request furniture is not confirmed.
- New Flowers
- Assets for new flowers that do not appear to be affiliated with a monthly gardening event were found in this update. I'll be honest, while they look a little like the mums from New Horizons, I'm not going to embarrass myself by hazarding a guess. If anyone who is not a floral philistine wants to ID them, feel free! They may be for a goals event between the Bunny Day fishing tourney and the Pretty Pastels scavenger hunt.
- HHA Classes
- 3.2.0 included assets for 25 new courses, including 8 each for normal classes in Courses 18 and 19, and what appear to be 3 courses each for Mitzi's aviary cookie, the Pretty Pastels scavenger hunt, and a second Pop Quiz for April's Sakura Picnic in the Park.
https://preview.redd.it/zo26uskejqs41.png?width=580&format=png&auto=webp&s=0e930771b34193610d6b71a12006d1d1aaae003e https://preview.redd.it/62j6ef5fjqs41.png?width=580&format=png&auto=webp&s=b46b88b5ca6431400d7b9c2e9dbe8719198ab903 https://preview.redd.it/lanwe4tgjqs41.png?width=3264&format=png&auto=webp&s=c9c824d2cc0fb22ea3d5d85ae9d0e87b3675c3d9
- New Features and Changes
- The UI has been changed in some cases, including
weird new "!" notifications on the map and humongous faces now in the friends list. If some of your friends' avatar choices have been squicking you out, now is a great time to make some space, just saying.
Cookie & Depot Plan Furniture & Fashion Plan
- The Cookie & Depot Plan for Pocket Camp Club has been re-branded as the Furniture & Fashion plan, now allowing you to save up to 5 layouts for your campsite and/or cabin in addition to the previous benefits. I'm not really sure where the fashion comes in, but I guess making the plan less useless is in fashion. Previously unavailable non-promotional cookies have also been added to the
Cookie & Depot Furniture & Fashion Plan Shop at the fortune cookie stall.
- New Preview Feature
- A new feature has been added to allow you test out clothing and furniture before you buy it. This is definitely only for purchasing decisions only and should not be used to look cute with makeshift photo shoots if you are poor. Definitely not. So don't even think about it. Thank you.
- Expanded Fave Photos
- You're now able to take fave photos in recreation spots and the market place. The market place!! This is absolute lunacy!!!
- Blather's Treasure Auto-Trek
- I can't be the only one who sets up a new episode of Ozark while rolling dice. Well, no longer—you can now have Blather's insta-clear a map not with the materials it would have taken with individual rolls. The game provides you with a range of how many rolls it would take and plays the map automatically. If you would have run out of materials mid-way, it stops you at the point you reached. The Leaf Ticket costs for insta-clearing some maps has also been lowered.
This will get us through 'til May, when, devs willing, we will not have to endure another crow-feather-rock-concert-themed month. Until then, remember art aficionado Pecan's motto - "Promises are like pie crusts - they're made to be broken.” (Or, less bleakly, aspiring paleontologist Daisy's - "It's not always a dog-eat-dog world."
The Great Summer Subreddit Reread of 2020 - Eclipse. Alliance, Instruction, Selfish
submitted by paternalpadfoot to twilight [link] [comments]
Note: This discussion will deal with Jasper Hale and his background as a confederate soldier before being turned. Please be civil.
Apologies for the delay this week, my professional writing had to take the front seat for a deadline MARGARET'S REVIEW
- Edward meets Bella, and they head into the party. The Cullens are putting together the final touches for Alice's extravaganza as almost every student from Forks High begins to arrive. Bella finds her rhythm in pretending with the rest of the family - she might not like being the center of attention, but there was a system to using that attention as a distraction.
With the party in full swing, Alice has a vision. Bella rushes over to her as the doorbell rings. Jacob has arrived, with Quil and Embry. Alice rushes off to find Carlisle to tell him what she had seen, leaving Bella in the dark as she is forced to handle the boys. Bella tries to get away from them by disappearing into the crowd, but Jacob pulls her into a deserted corner of the room. Jacob guilts Bella into accepting his apology for his assault, and gives her a silver bracelet with a hand carved wolf charm.
Jacob notices how distracted Bella is, and realizes something is happening with the family that he doesn't know. The boys pin Bella in against the wall, insisting she share what she knows, and Alice comes to extract her from the situation. The boys block both girls in, and Jasper appears out of nowhere, silent as he stands between them and Bella. Still trapped in the corner, with Jasper unable to act without making the hundreds of humans in the room acutely aware that they were in a home filled with supernatural beings, Alice tells Bella what she saw.
The army is coming to Forks. With the absolute intention of finding Bella, and killing her. The time for the Cullens to go to Seattle to handle it has passed, and now the danger is going to be quite literally in their backyard. Putting the pieces together, Jacob volunteers the pack as allies to protect the town, and Bella. Horrified, Bella tries to stop them as Jasper sets up a training session for everyone that night.
At the end of the party, Edward takes Bella home. The rest of the family is relieved, confidant that with the wolves on their side they will defeat the army. Bella is terrified, as both sides of her community, her family and her friends, put themselves on the line to defend her. Bella insists on going to the training session, wanting to at least provide moral support if she can't fight herself.
Edward attempts to comfort Bella by telling her that the wolves tip the scales so severely that there won't be enough carnage to go around. This does nothing to assuage Bella's fear, and they head to the same field where the family had previously played baseball in Book 1, where James Victoria and Laurent had first entered the picture. With Victoria on her mind, Bella puts together the final puzzle piece.
The army coming for her isn't on order of the Volturi, but Victoria. A revenge plot. Having spent time in Southern North America while running from Edward in New Moon, she had picked up a thing or two, and had decided to wield it against Bella, not knowing Jasper would recognize the pattern. Bella puts this all together, but Edward isn't sure, still believing that the Volturi are the more likely option.
The Cullens wait for the pack, in a rare moment of family unity. Everyone is in the field, and they are all focused on the same goal - protecting Bella. Unlike Twilight, there are no dissenting opinions. There is no question that they will protect her, and are keenly focused on the task at hand. The pack arrives, and Jasper begins his lesson.
Jasper is a quick yet strict teacher - his years of experience heading the army click back in to place, and he is swift with corrections, but never cruel. Jasper is quite clearly in his element, and Edward is hypnotized by it, to the concern of Bella. She had never seen the family fight before, having been much too out of it in Twilight to pay attention to James' death, and watching the grace with which they practiced fatal attacks was disarming.
Jasper senses Bella's fear, and calls Alice up. He sends a wave of comfort Bella's way as he proves to her that Alice can defend herself - while Jasper would never actually hurt Alice, he slips into 'Major' mode and goes for the attack, which Alice is able to easily parry. The fight nearly seemed a dance, perfectly choreographed by his attacks and her gentle avoidance. Finally, Alice jumped on Jaspers back, declaring herself the winner as Bella exhaled for the first time since they had began. Edward lept up for his turn as Alice came to sit next to Bella, in the guise of comfort.
Once Edward is distracted, Alice pulls Bella's attention from the fight with a deep and low whisper. Alice had seen Bella's vaguely formulating plans to pull the target to her in the fight rather than the family, and she will not allow it. Part of this very public demonstration was to show Bella that they could handle themselves - her putting herself in greater danger would only make it harder for everyone.
Jasper and Edward call it a draw, having been so evenly matched neither could get the upper hand. They continue on deep into the night, with each member of the family taking a turn as the pack watch on in silence. Finally, on the verge of sunrise, they stop for the night, with everyone agreeing to begin again the next night. The wolves come to the center of the clearing to become familiar with the scent of each member of the family, so as to seperate them from the other vampires on the battlefield. Bella is able to really see Jacob in his wolf form for the first time, and is almost giddy to find him inside of the shape that had been haunting her nightmares since Laurent's death. The rest of the pack leaves, and Jacob phases back to human, to discuss where Bella will be during the battle.
The realization that the army is coming on Saturday hits Bella by surprise - the same day she had bought Alice and Edward tickets to the concert in Seattle. She decides to give them to Angela and Ben, to get them out of Forks in case something went wrong. Keeping Bella safe is a much harder problem to solve. She clearly cannot be in Forks, and the newborns would have no problem crossing into La Push for her, putting the entire tribe at risk, as all of the wolves would be at the battle. The strategy they decide upon is to hide her deep in the Olympic Mountains - Jacob will carry her to the place, masking her scent in his, which would put off any of the newborns from smelling too closely. A false trail of Bella scent will be put in place as well, leading the newborns directly to the field where the Cullens and the Quileute will be waiting. Seth would stay with Bella in the mountains as her 'guard dog', and would be able to communicate with the rest of the pack through their mind link. Should something go awry, he could tell the pack, and Edward would be able to pick the message out of their minds and run to her aid.
The plan in place, Edward takes Bella home, the sun peeking over the horizon. His energy is light, confident, and prepared, in contrast to Bella, who is nauseous at the thought of so many people at risk on her behalf. But what bothers her the most, what she cannot get out of her head, is the image of Jasper crouched in front of Edward. Of Edward on the defensive, the one in the crosshairs. Bella fitfully goes to sleep, and does not wake up until the late afternoon.
Edward comments on the hand carved bracelet from Jacob that Bella is still wearing, hurt that he can give her presents, but Edward cannot. Bella acquises to accepting a hand me down that Edward promises to deliver in the future. Their banter is interrupted by Alice, calling to warn Edward - Bella was still wanting to pull the danger toward herself, and Alice refused to let it happen. Edward isn't surprised, having heard something similar in Bella's sleep babble. Bella likes Jasper's fleeting idea of having her in the clearing - with her so close, the newborns would be falling over themselves, and even easier to kill. Jasper himself had shut it down the night before, but Bella liked it - at least she wouldn't be in the dark as to what was happening during the battle. Edward vehemently refuses the idea, and distracts her with the fact that Leah Clearwater had transformed, the first female wolf to the pack's knowledge.
As they lightly discuss the pack drama Edward had picked up that night, an idea takes shape in Bella's head. If she can't be in the clearing with Edward, she wanted Edward in the mountains with her. She knew it was selfish, and the guilt immediately overwhelmed her, but she couldn't stand worrying about Edward, knowing that there were people actively trying to kill him because of her. To ask nearly chokes her, and Edward is almost paralyzed by the request, but when he sees how utterly desperate she is to remain at his side, he agrees, and tells the family he will be staying with her in the mountains.
Edward calls Alice to come by to watch Bella so he can talk to Jasper, and the two stand in the kitchen, holding each other for a long while. Edward eventually breaks the silence by asking Bella about the Third Wife - she had been muttering her name in her sleep. Bella avoids the question as Alice arrives, not wanting Edward to know the depth of her self sacrifice fantasies.
Alice plays Charlie like a fiddle, and gets his permission to have Bella "spend the weekend" with her, so that Bella doesn't have to play the ignorant human charade while preparing for the battle. When Edward arrives that night, everything sorted with the family, Bella asks him to prepare her for what this round of a sleepover with Alice would entail - laughing, Edward corrects her. Charlie might think Alice is going to be the one with her Friday night, but in reality she and the rest of the family would be hunting in preparation for the battle. Instead, Bella and Edward would have the Cullen house to themselves.
At that nights training, Bella fights to swallow her fear for everyone, and Jacob comforts her in wolf form. Quietly, she realizes that he is much more the kind boy she had befriended in the beginning of New Moon when phased than human these days, and she takes the moment of peace as she stares up at the night sky, searching for answers. FUNCTIONAL FACTOID
interview from 2010 discusses the difficulty the film's fight coordinator had in capturing the elegant brutality of the Cullen's training sessions. It took a blend of parkour, gymnastics, and precision jumping to achieve the affect, in combination with wire and CGI work. SUBREDDIT QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK
- How do you feel about Jasper as a character outside of his confederate affiliation? How do you feel about Stephanie's decision to make a footnote of his story his confederate affiliation? Do you believe a vampire such as Jasper would be permanently tied to such beliefs, having been turned when he was, or do you think it is possible for him to grow past them? How do you wish the situation had been handled in the series? How do you feel about the Southern Vampire Wars, and Maria? What are your thoughts on this training session? Drop your thoughts on Jasper in this week's discussion.
Beginner Viewer's Guide to GTA RP / NoPixel (What it is, what viewers should know, and glossary)
I am not a NoPixel staff member. I'm just a random person. Pleased let me know if there's any mistakes or important info I am missing! submitted by YurdleTheTurtle to RPClipsGTA [link] [comments]
This guide is intended for new viewers to GTA RP. So you've never heard of GTA RP or NoPixel, are wondering why it's popular, and/or are looking for answers to some frequently asked questions, check this out! What this guide covers
This guide is NOT the following
- Explains what this niche of entertainment is
- Some important rules viewers should know about
- Glossary of popular slang/terms used by the roleplayers (Mostly GTA RP specific, and not necessarily every internet/Twitch slang)
- Not a list of favourite streamers or "must-watch characters"
- Not the place to discuss or ask questions related to what's going on with the server or characters (There's another thread for that).
- Not a guide to actually playing on NoPixel (you'll want to see the official NoPixel website for that)
What is GTA RP and why is it popular?
GTA is an abbreviation of the video game Grand Theft Auto
, and specifically refers to the latest game at the time of writing, Grand Theft Auto 5.
RP stands for 'role-play', and you likely already know what that is: The act of assuming a role for various purposes, usually entertainment in this context. GTA RP is essentially an gigantic long-running improv show
. Players create their own characters, complete with whatever personalities, quirks, and backstories they come up with. Think of it as actors creating a role for themselves to play.
The characters then interact with other characters and inevitably end up creating storylines of all kinds of variety, whether it be short hour-long arcs, or long storylines lasting months/years, and ranging in tone from humorous and light-hearted to downright serious and meticulous.
Unlike most video games, there is no real 'goal' or 'victory' to chase. The point of GTA RP is simply to, well, role-play. This means that while characters have their own agendas and reasons for doing whatever activities with whatever other characters, the point is not to 'reach an ending' or 'farm X/Y/Z' as you would see in many other video games.
The popularity stems from the dynamics of the improv - because there's generally no planned 'scripts', people just keep creating situations on their own. Good role players will end up creating character arcs and growth to go along with new scenarios (not unlike seasons or episodes of an actual TV show), but again it's all improv which means there's lots of room for surprises and unpredictability.
In addition, the ability for viewers to interact with streamers live means a better opportunity to be involved in a community and be invested in favourite characters or players.
What do I need to know as a viewer? Can I tell the players X/Y/Z information?
There are 3 important rules every viewer should abide by:
- Do not Meta (tell players information their character did not know or find out about in-game)
- Be nice to the players
- Do not backseat game
As a viewer, the most important thing you need to do is to not meta
In simple terms, Meta
in GTA RP means informing players about things their character did not find out in-game. An example is telling a player out-of-character (OOC) that another group is planning a trap for his/her character. The player was not supposed to know and now the roleplay may be affected as the player's decision making and enjoyment is now affected by outside information he/she was not supposed to know.
Meta essentially ruins roleplay since at best, it ruins surprises and dynamic roleplay (since the player knows things he/she is not supposed to know). At worst, it really ruins things if a player uses this OOC information to purposely gain advantages or circumvent events that would have happened.
Not sure if what you're about to say is meta? Don't say it.
The other important thing is to be nice to the players
. While it can be fun to be invested in the players and characters, ultimately, they are actors playing in a virtual world. At the end of the day, it is role play. Do not belittle or otherwise be toxic to players who do not necessarily do what you
want them to do - It's essentially the same as being pissed off an actor instead of the character. This also applies to "stream hopping" and spreading negativity around multiple players - it is just a video game and people are acting for entertainment, so there should be no need to trash talk or be negative to others. Backseating
, or backseat gaming, is also discouraged. While this varies depending on the streameplayer, most of the time people do not appreciate constantly being critiqued on how one "should play", especially in RP. Sometimes backseating can also interpreted as Meta, and ultimately tends to affect players and roleplay negatively.
Do not forget that roleplaying is not a competitive venture - characters are expected to rise and fall, win and lose, repeatedly. Sometimes they're the star of some crazy events, sometimes they're the victims or catalysts in these events. So do not fret if your favourite characters "win" or "lose" - it's just RP.
What is NoPixel? Is it different from normal GTA Online?
NoPixel is the name of a custom GTA5 server that is not
owned by Rockstar, the developers of the original game series. Instead, it is a server run entirely through volunteer work from people who are not necessarily affiliated with the game company. NoPixel has practically nothing to do with the official GTA multiplayer, known as GTA Online.
NoPixel uses a mod called FiveM
, which is generally a mod required to play on multiplayer, dedicated GTA servers. NoPixel itself was founded by Koil
, who at the time of writing still functions as the server's owner, as well as a developecoder and community leader of the server. He does not run it alone however, as there is a circle of trusted individuals who help Koil maintain the server in terms of both software and community developments. For example, these admins generally oversee and ship out new changes to the server, as well as being responsible for dishing out punishments like bans.
NoPixel is widely regarded as one of the best and most popular GTA RP servers to play on, thanks to the hard work that has been spent on making it a functional and fun server. It began fairly small with low player slots and limited content, but has since expanded massively. In recent times it has attracted many players, including popular streamers/actors/etc. to its ranks over the years. The maximum capacity of player slots has increased over time and there are hopes it will one day go above 100, maybe even 150+ players at a time.
The server itself plays very differently than official GTA Online, as after all it is a customized server to role play on. Thus, it has its own mechanics and quirks despite using GTA as the 'base game'. While it seems to play the same as GTA, almost every aspect of the 'base game' is different in NoPixel.
So what actually is GTA RP? What exactly are the players doing? Give me the details.
As mentioned before, GTA RP is basically a long-running improv show. Players create their own characters, complete with whatever personalities, quirks, and backstories they come up with. Think of it as actors creating a role for themselves to play.
Then, out in the GTA5 world (known as the city of Los Santos), they interact with other players. The mechanics of the game, as well as the rules for role-playing, depends on the server. In NoPixel specifically, the 'gameplay' is modified from the base game to facilitate role-play. This means an economy system is in place where players can earn, spend, and lose money as well as trade items. There are various 'jobs' ranging from police, emergency medical services (EMS), taxi drivers, lawyers, house realtors, or even criminals. Players can visit clothing stores to customize their characters and create outfits. They can even change their animations, walking style, and facial expressions through in-game interfaces, allowing them to express themselves appropriately to facilitate role-play!
While there are certain roles that are more 'baked-in' to NoPixel's systems, such as police, a lot of other activities/roles are generally improvised by players. For example, players can be taxi drivers and be paid by other players to ferry them around. Criminals can attempt to rob stores and banks, and hopefully get away from police players, lest they face legal repercussions like jail. Some players can get their hands on drugs and sell it to other players. Judges and lawyers can work on court cases involving many players. EMS help find and retrieve players who are 'downed' or injured, and Doctors can role-play helping out with serious injuries and operations. Police patrol around looking to stop crime, whether it's mundane traffic violations or serious threats in the case of criminal players robbing valuables or kidnapping other players.
The list goes on, and remember that not everything is cut and dry, as there is a lot of creative endeavours pursued by players all the time. Recent examples includes gang territories and gang wars, terrorist organizations with motives against police forces, artists and music labels creating entertainment (that ends up as real songs that you can listen to on Soundcloud), and more!
There is no real 'goal' or 'winning' in GTA RP. The point of GTA RP is not to go after some sort of victory or completion like one would in a standard video game - instead, it is to improv characters living out their lives and interacting with other characters When things go right, this means one can expect all sorts of storylines and shenanigans, ranging from humorous and quirky to downright serious and meticulous.
So how detailed is the world in NoPixel? What specifically can players use to facilitate role-play?
NoPIxel is a fairly detailed GTA RP server, essentially having its own customized interface to work with. Some of the mechanics players use in the game include:
- Health: Every character has a simple health bar to maintain, but NoPixel also throws in conditional injuries as well. Characters can get serious injuries to various body parts like head, spine, arms, and legs. Serious injuries can cause gameplay effects (like slowing movement, or causing 'blackouts'), and often force one to seek medical aid as it inevitably will continue to decrease their health.
- Food/water: Every character has a simple hungethirst meter to top off on occasion, encouraging characters to seek out stores or interactions.
- Money: Every character has their own finances/bank account to deal with. Everyone passively receives a small amount of money every so often. Money can be earned in various ways, and also spent (or forcibly lost!) in other ways. Most of the time money is spent on in-game mechanics, such as buying items. However, players are free to trade away with others, so money can also be used to facilitate role-play.
- Jobs/roles: Some crucial roles like police and EMS are limited in maximum capacity due to their nature of their work (and maintaining 'server balance'). Various 'official jobs' in the game generate income by doing tasks repeatedly, such as towing cars and police salaries. However, most of the time roles are improvised by players and often facilitated by player interactions (Ex. Strip club staff getting money from patrons, drug dealers selling to other players, taxi drivers being paid by other players, musical artists performing to an audience, etc.). As mentioned before, players usually improvise and find creative activities to do regardless of whether or not it involves direct mechanics from the game.
- Items, vehicles, and property: There is a vast amount of things to spend money on. Items are vast in variety ranging from food to weapons. Vehicles can be purchased outright or financed, with recurring weekly payments required by the character to keep their vehicle if financed. Similarly, housing properties can also be bought - they tend to be fairly expensive and each 'house' has a unique owner. Properties are particularly versatile as it serves as a safe location to store one's goods and vehicles, and can facilitate role-play as house owners can, at their discretion, allow guests or even give out 'keys' to allow more permanent access to houses.
- ...And more, which you'll discover and learn as you watch your favourite role-players! For example, players can actually be hand-cuffed, there's gameplay benefits/downsides from certain drugs, vehicles can be customized/upgraded/modded and can also be damaged and repaired. There are large redesigned areas and buildings including a custom hospital, jail, and mechanics workshop....and much much more!
What are the rules in NoPixel? Can players do whatever they want? I will not be covering every single rule here.
NoPixel is regarded as one of the best GTA RP servers out there because of its strict rules and enforcement of said rules. While there's a great deal of freedom in RP, there are plenty of rules that help facilitate role-play and prevent it from being a chaotic mess. The official rules may be seen on the actual NoPixel website
, though you will need to register to see anything there.
Otherwise, here's a screenshot of some rules, though this is not up to date: https://imgur.com/a/N5HFpfj
You don't necessarily need to read everything if you're not a player. However, below are a few important rules that the players will be obeying, which can be helpful to know as a viewer. No Meta
As stated above in "What do I need to know as a viewer?" section. No abusing game exploits or mechanics
Self explanatory. If you're actually playing on NoPixel you'll want to check the official rules for more details. As a viewer it basically just means you won't see players abusing exploits or mechanics to gain an advantage or circumvent appropriate RP. Examples include 'phasing' through walls, abusing unlimited resource bugs (like ammo), or logging out of the game abruptly during active situations. Value your life (and others to high extent), and initiate before killing
This rule is one of the major cornerstones in preventing NoPixel from devolving into a chaotic mess. The 'value your life' rule basically means all characters must act appropriately when their life is threatened, similar to how one would react in real life. This means if your character has guns pointed at him/her, you cannot simply rush your attackers with melee attacks, nor try to pull out a weapon when said guns are still pointed at you. This also means that you must comply with appropriate demands - for example, if you are walking on a street and some criminals suddenly pull up with guns in order to kidnap you for hostage situations, your character should 'value their life' by raising their hands and comply with their demands to get in their car.
It is against the rules (also likely to prevent violating Twitch terms of service) to role-play suicidal characters seriously - this means no threatening to jump off buildings to die in a serious and depressing fashion, for example. Your character also has to demonstrate 'valuing life' by not constantly threatening their own, or others characters, lives. This means no purposely driving into players walking around, nor spraying bullets everywhere. Such actions are referred to as Random Deathmatch (RDM) or Vehicular Deathmatch (VDM) - basically killing people randomly. You cannot simply kill people without warning and without some sort of initiation. The only exception is when the players agree on a condition for attacking each other without warning every time (Ex. gang wars and entering a rival's 'turf').
Note that murders can still occur in RP, but these are facilitated through role-play. There are criminals with known murder records for example, but in these cases again the players facilitated role-play rather than randomly killing people they saw on the streets without warning. Rule of 4
Most crime activities only allows a maximum of 4 players in a 'squad'. This means that only a max of 4 players may work together to, say, rob a bank together. This also applies in indirect help - in the same example, this group of 4 cannot have additional players on the same radio channel helping out via 'call-outs'.
This rule is to help prevent chaos and prevent essential services like Police and EMS, from being overwhelmed. Note that this tends to apply mostly to criminal activities - many other activities such as hosting a concert or car show to an audience of far larger than 4 people, are allowed. Protocols for certain jobs
Some roles have protocols for how the players should act. Police and EMS are particularly detailed with standard operating protocols (SOPs) and special rules regarding interactions as well as what other players can do with them.
These can get quite detailed, so I'll only mention some of them. Police have quite high requirements as players must apply for it much like a real job - this includes applications as well as in-character interviews. Those who pass can begin training from current police officers, and learn all the rules and protocols that come with being a cop. Similar to real life, police in NoPixel have specific protocols to follow, such as using specific radio calls and procedures on how to deal with various situations like breaching, hostage negotiations, chases, etc.
The police themselves have a structural hierarchy of positions.
EMS are generally exempt from chaotic situations for the sake of server health - this means no shootouts and crazy tomfoolery at the hospital, and very rarely can EMS be kidnapped or harmed unless they are off-duty. Downed states and Death
Player characters can lose all their health and enter a 'downed' state, where they need to be revived through medical RP. This commonly is done by other players alerting EMS players, who then retrieve the downed players and bring them to the hospital for treatment.
Players who are downed also have an option of forcefully respawning themselves at the hospital after waiting 5 or so minutes while downed. Doing so however means the character must 'forget' and have no memory of the events leading to their 'death'. It also tends to cost their inventory and money, discouraging people from abusing this mechanic.
This should only be used when it makes sense or when technical issues cause problems. For example, if a player is killed secretly and dumped in the ocean, with no way of anyone nearby to report the crime, the player can decide to force respawn (since it makes sense no one can call for EMS). However this character would have no memory of what happened, and so after respawning would have to act like he/she woke up from a blackout and have no idea who committed a 'murder' against them.
Player characters can only be permanently retired (also known as 'perma') based on the controlling player's decision - in other words only you can decide if you want to 'perma' your own character, not anyone else. Due to the investment/effort in building up characters, 'perma' deaths of established characters are very rare, and thus this is why you will see characters still alive despite having been 'killed' multiple times over the span of months and years. No violating Terms of Service (TOS), and use common sense with touchy subjects
Rules also apply for the sake of the players having a good time, as well as streamers not being punished for weird things that could cause them to be banned from their source of income. This means a lack of RP that would violate TOS on platforms such as Twitch....which goes hand-in-hand with using common sense when it comes to touchy subjects. Uncomfortable topics like suicide, sexual acts or crimes, nudity, etc. are generally not allowed.
Frequently Asked Questions
More may be added over time.
There's a lot of history and stories I've missed out. How do I catch up?
- The NoPixel Wiki is probably the easiest way to catch up on summaries of various characters. https://nopixel.fandom.com/wiki/NoPixel_Community. Note that details will vary depending on the character, as more popular characters tend to have far more fleshed out details compared to lesser known ones.
Why do people suddenly act silly and break rules at very specific points in time (tsunami / server reset)?
- At specific time points of each day (usually every 8 or so hours), a server reset occurs, also known in-character as a "tsunami". Essentially since people know a server reset is coming, usually a lot of tomfoolery happens in the last 5 minutes leading up to it. This results in people getting silly with breaking character and the rules, such as friends engaging in mass shootouts or performing extreme stunts with vehicles. Note that in an active situation that started well before a server reset may still be pursued and considered serious, so a server reset cannot be used to ruin RP in that sense. An example is a car chase that started earlier and is still on-going by the time a server reset happens - in which case players must try to log back in and verify on what to do (usually resuming a chase or calling it off).
Why is there a lack of variety in weapons?
- As mentioned above, there must be initiation before attacks and fights can occur. NoPixel has removed or restricted a lot of the dangerous weapons you normally would have access to in regular GTA, including many explosives and long ranged military weaponry like sniper rifles, RPGs, tanks, and aircraft. For obvious reasons such powerful weaponry and vehicles would basically make initiation in RP pretty difficult, not to mention can cause incredible chaos as seen in regular GTA Online. Many of these are excluded in NoPixel, and using these if they're able to be found in-game (some restricted areas have fighter jets for example) is generally a bannable offence.
Why are characters able to constantly 'die' and keep coming back?
- See above section about downed states and death.
Are famous people playing this or have played on NoPixel before?
- Yes. I will not be listing all the celebrities here, as it would be a disservice to the streamers who in their own right can be considered celebrities or famous (or the other way around - favouring some streamers and content creators over others). But yes, many popular people, whether they're streamers, actors, wrestlers, or other professions, have played or are currently playing in NoPixel. You may know some from TV shows and movies, and you may know some from internet venues such as Twitch and Youtube.
Are there plans to expand NoPixel to other games, like Red Dead Redemption 2?
- NoPixel seems to be continuously updating and thriving. There are plans to eventually create a NoPixel RDR2 RP server as well.
GTA RP terms/glossary
A glossary of commonly used terms you may hear players use in-game. Most of these are specific to GTA RP, as I won't be covering every common internet/game/streaming terms. More may be added over time, and will be sorted alphabetically eventually.
- Scuff: Slang for something that's broken. Ex. "That car is scuffed, let's use another one". Can also be used to refer to a person's competency, ability, or technical issues on a player's end. Ex: "I'm scuffed right now, I can't see any objects right now".
- Head, eyes, vocal chords, etc.: NoPixel players use slang to refer to real life components, in character. This usually is in the form of an appropriate body part in character, that coincides with a real life component. This helps with referring to technical issues without breaking character too badly.
'Eyes' depends on context as it has multiple meanings. It can refer to either the player looking through first-person view in the game, or can refer to a player's visual settings in the game. Ex. "Look through your eyes and check this out!" (Go into first-person and check this out). "I'm having trouble with my eyes, things are looking really blocky and bright." (I am having problems with my game visuals).
It can also refer to a player's perspective and sync'ing up with the server. Ex. "In my eyes, you totally crashed." (Server desync issue where you see things occurring differently compared to other players).
Head usually refers to a player's computer or computer programs. Ex. "Ahh my head exploded!" (the game just crashed). "I just got a headache." (game temporarily froze or had frame rate issues). It can also be used to refer to a person dealing with things out of character. Ex. "Hold on I'm in my head" (Hold on, I'm doing something in real life, such as talking to my viewers, fixing something with my computer, AFK, etc.)
Vocal chords usually refer to a player's microphone. Ex. "Something's wrong with your vocal chords, you're really quiet" (Something is wrong with your mic).
- Tsunami: 'Immersive' slang for a server reset, where the server resets and all players are kicked out. Ex. "Are you going to be around after the tsunami (server reset)?", "Tsunami's happening in 10 minutes.". Server resets in NoPixel occur regularly at specific time intervals every day. It should be noted that a lot of tomfoolery occurs within 5 or so minutes of a server reset happening, so you may see players break character and 'break rules' just before a server reset (ex. friends shooting each other for fun).
- Train / Train ticket: 'Immersive' slang referring to the queue/priority system. Often used to refer to a player attempting to log in. Ex. "My train ticket is pretty bad (my priority is low), so it takes a while for me to get into the city", "She's currently on the train but she's got a good ticket, she'll be back soon".
- The city / in town: 'Immersive' slang referring to the game's world, the city of Los Santos. Most often used by characters referring to if another character is present (basically if another player is online). Ex "My friend is not in the city at the moment" "She's actually in the city right now, want to call her?"
- Sleeping / dreaming: Slang referring to players who are offline, in which case their characters are referred to as either sleeping or out of the city. Characters can also say they were 'dreaming' of different scenarios, to reference the fact that the player has been doing something else outside of NoPixel, or were playing a different character in NoPixel. Ex "I was dreaming of fighting in a fantasy land" (I was playing a fantasy game), "I'm gonna go to sleep, and maybe dream about being a cop or something" (I'm going off my current character, and might play as a different character in the server).
- ERP: Erotic Role Play. Sometimes cheekily called "Egg Roll Platter". Players will refer to sexual acts (whether vague or not) as ERP, though note that purposely silly things like flirting in a funny manner can be referred to as ERP. Ex. Encountering player animations of 'sitting' on another in a suggestive manner, or hearing suggestive dialogue. Note that there are rules against sexual content for the sake of NoPixel and Twitch rules, so hopefully most ERP encountered in-game is of the humorous and vague kind, rather than a real dating/sexual service.
- Macking: A term referring to flirting or making sexual advances towards another individual. In NoPixel context it is often used jokingly and is synonymous with ERP. Ex "Are you macking on my sister?" "He's been macking all night with everyone he sees".
- OOC: Out-of-Character. Refers to anything outside of the game. Commonly used by actual players and viewers, rather than in-character dialogue. Ex. "My character got beat up but OOC I thought this scenario was awesome", "She's busy OOC so her character is stepping down from this position". Players can also type messages in-game through an OOC interface, in case they need to communicate to others out of character.
- ICU: Intensive Care Unit. Players can decide, after encountering serious injuries, to go into ICU rather than revive as normal after being treated at a hospital. This is typically played out as a character going into a coma. A character put into ICU is temporarily retired until the player decides to 'wake up' the character and resumes playing them again. A character can be put into ICU for various reasons, whether for dramatic purposes or simply because the player wants to take a break but does not want to retire a character permanently (known as 'perma').
- Perma: Slang for 'permanent death'. In NoPixel only the players themselves can decide if they want to retire a character permanently - in other words you yourself decide, as other players' actions cannot force you to retire a character. Due to investment required to build up a character, this is usually rare, but also serves as a very dramatic event when it does happen. If a character is truly 'perma'd', the character is presumed dead and will never come back unless interesting RP allows it (Ex. A player acting like a 'ghost' to a certain other character). Sometimes players can decide to make a death temporary for the sake of RP or they don't want to permanently retire a character, Ex. A character is supposedly killed and the body dumped, but months later the character makes a recovery and eventually shows up again. However this is generally discouraged - a declared perma is usually something you cannot go back on.
- Permathon: Slang combining 'perma' and 'marathon'. Generally an event where a player decides to play newly created characters with the intention of a short lifespan and humorous, silly actions. These characters generally do silly things with the intention of eventually getting killed in various scenarios. When one character dies, the player makes another one and continues the spree, hence the 'marathon' portion. This is normally not a normal way of playing RP, and is often reserved for special events (Ex. A streamer celebrating "subathons" or a birthday).
- Locals: 'Immersive' slang for non-player characters (NPCs) in the game world. Locals generally serve as a way to keep the city from feeling too empty. However, they will call in crimes (notify police players) if they witness guns or violence in public areas, and often are used as a way to grab a car for transportation for criminal players (by killing or 'holding up' the NPC that was driving a vehicle).
- The "nine's" (9's): When characters are jailed, a duration has to be entered where "x months" is the amount of real life minutes. In order to indefinitely jail someone, the number entered is 9999 months (and reset appropriately when necessary), hence the term the 9's. Ex "I'm going to get the 9's if I get caught!".
- Vulture: A derogatory or humorous term that has become a running joke. It usually refers to players who take advantage of looting easy targets, most often characters who are downed and helpless, vehicles that happen to be 'available' to steal, etc. However it is now more and more frequently being used as slang for simply stealing. Ex. "Stop vulturing my car!", "We vultured them for their weapons".
- RDM / VDM: Random Death Match and Vehicular Death Match. A term referencing to killing people without initiating in RP - this is not allowed. It is an important rule to prevent chaos from overtaking the server. Ex. "This guy just RDM'd everyone, time to report him".
- Combat Log: A term referring to purposely leaving the game/server during an active situation. As it is an RP server, simply 'disappearing' during active situations not only ruins RP for everyone, but also can be seen as an unfair way to get out of situations. Note that this is on purpose - accidental game crashes do not count. Ex "They just combat logged after we found them!"
- Banhamas / taking a vacation: Amusing slang combining 'ban' and "Bahamas". Refers to players being banned. Ex "We're going to get sent to the Banhamas with this amount of ERP", "He's currently on vacation in the Banhamas for a few days".
- SBS: Small Brain Syndrome. An amusing term made up by players as a cheeky, alternate way to make fun of someone's incompetence or questionable decisions/actions. Ex "I think she's suffering from SBS" "That move right there was total SBS".
- NVL: Not Value Life. Often used in context with the actual 'NVL' rules as mentioned in the guide, where characters must 'value their life' in various dangerous situations for role play purposes. Ex "This person is NVL'ing right now by trying to punch people pointing guns at him".
- GSR: Gun Shot Residue. Police can use GSR tests on suspects to see if they fired a weapon recently (as far as I know, about up to an hour ago). It simply gives a positive/negative in a timeframe, although obviously criminals would be wise to avoid being tested for a long enough period of time so they appear 'innocent'.
The Dahvie Vanity Investigation Timeline (2006-Present)
Due to the ever expanding investigation and Reddits character limit, this post is now Part 1 of a two part report. Part 1 covers 2006-2012 and Part 2, which can be found here, covers 2013-Present. submitted by displeasedtrashpanda to DahvieVanityisaPEDO [link] [comments]
Welcome everyone to DahvieVanityisaPEDO
! The mods have noticed an influx of traffic to the sub and have decided to put together this two part report to gather all the case information, evidence and testimonies into one place. Our objective is to ensure everyone can keep track of the investigation and the voices of the survivors are being heard. It's important to us that they know we are listening and we believe them wholeheartedly.
For those of you who have recently been introduced to this investigation and do not know who Dahvie Vanity is. Vice published an article, Who the Hell Is Dahvie Vanity?
, which states, "Dahvie Vanity was a founding member of the group Blood on the Dance Floor, after becoming popular on MySpace as "The Elite Hair God". Blood on the Dance Floor's bold look, spiky and colorful hair, electropop "crunkcore" sound, Warped Tour appearances, and affiliation with Jeffree Star made them synonymous with scene culture in the early 2010s.” Another one of the moderators made this post, Info About Dahvie Vanity - List of Aliases, Albums, Band Names, Songs, etc which is very informative and will assist you in identifying Torres online. Articles That Brought Dahvie’s Crimes into The Public Sphere
Repercussions of Dahvie’s Predatory Behaviour Becoming Known
- 13/3/2015: Cuepoint, Warped Behavior: Sexual Violence on Tour
- 1/8/2018: Metalsucks, Blood on the Dance Floor's Dahvie Vanity Accused of Sexually Assaulting Multiple Women, Many While They Were Underage
- 18/12/2018: The Huffington Post, Scene Singer Dahvie Vanity Is A Rapist Who Preys On Minors, A Dozen Women Say
- 5/5/2019: The Huffington Post, Dahvie Vanity Raped A Child. Police Gave Him A Warning. Now 21 Women Accuse Him Of Sexual Assault
Survivors of Sexual Violence
- 25/7/2014: Metalsucks, Combichrist Boot Blood on the Dance Floor Off Tour for Alleged Pedophilia Past
- 18/12/2018: Altpress, Big Cartel Drops Dahvie Vanity Store After More Sexual Assault Allegations
- 23/4/2019: Altpress, Spotify Removes BOTDF After Dahvie Vanity Sexual Assault Allegations
Survivors of Grooming, Predatory/Inappropriate and Abusive Behaviours
- 2006, Orlando, Florida: Kristen Gonzalez (15) was invited to Torres’s apartment under the guise of styling her hair. She was forced to perform oral sex. (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2006, Spring Hill, Florida: Priscilla Hendry (15) met Torres through Myspace where he invited her to the cinema. When she did not have the money for both their tickets he grew angry and drove her home. On the way there he pulled over, attempted to kiss her and “shoved her face into his crotch so forcefully that he ripped out her hair extensions”. Despite her pleas for him to stop, Torres forced her to perform oral sex. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2006, Orlando, Florida: Mal Levy Interview Anonymous Survivor (14) met Torres through Myspace. He would make out with and touch her sexually in the Trade Secrets salon in the Orlando Fashion Square mall where he worked. He invited her to his home (where she also met his mother) and attempted to sexually assault her. Upon realising she was on her period he stopped. (Source: Mal Levy's Repzilla Interview, 2020)
- 2006, Tampa, Florida: Liz Glitters (13) was contacted by Torres on Myspace where he offered to style her hair. They arranged to meet to go to the cinema. When Liz’s friend recognised Torres, she warned her not to go anywhere alone with him as she had heard rumours circulating about his predatory behaviour. During the film he repeatedly attempted to kiss her and place her hand on his penis. Afterwards it was dark outside and as he had parked at the back of the lot, she found herself completely isolated with Torres. In the car he demanded oral sex. When she resisted, he grew agitated and alluded to the fact that he had not driven two hours to Tampa for nothing. He then aggressively forced her to perform oral sex. Two weeks later he contacted her again after discovering she was having a party for her 14th birthday. He asked if it would be a girls-only slumber party. When she informed him that it was a mixed gender event, he lost interest. (Source: Repzilla Interview, 2020)
- 2007, Pinellas County, Florida: Dianna Farrell (14) met Torres through Myspace where he offered to dye and cut her hair. When Torres arrived at her home he was left alone with the child when her mother went to work. He forced her to perform oral sex. Eight days later Farrell phoned a radio show, Dawson McAllister Live, seeking support and a studio employee notified the police. When detectives spoke to Torres on the phone, he denied knowing she was underage. Dianna’s mother agreed to drop the charges if Torres stayed away from her daughter. The PD closed the case even though “ignorance of the victims age is not an admissible defense under Florida law”. (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2007/2008, Orlando, Florida: Mal Levy (14/15) met Torres through Myspace where they exchanged phone numbers. Torres quickly turned their conversations sexual. When she travelled to Orlando to visit him she was given a drink which she believes was spiked. Torres proceeded to aggressively force her to perform oral sex. In 2009, at 17, she attended a BOTDF show in LA where Torres asked her to join them on tour as a merch girl. Whilst on this tour Mal witnessed Torres acting inappropriately with underage fans, attempting to groom their parents, discussing sexual content on stage, groping and making out with a 13 year old fan and caught him in their hotel room with an underage girl whilst in the middle of receiving oral sex. Torres began bullying her and making cruel jokes at her expense before subsequently firing her. She was not credited for her contribution to their song 'Sexting'. (Sources: Chris Hansen Interview and Repzilla Interview, 2020)
- 2009, Florida: Ashlee Lillie (13) met Torres at a show in 2008 where her mother approached BOTDF’s manager Rebecca Fugate asking how Ashlee could mingle with the band. Rebecca told her that Torres was a hair stylist and offered to put her in contact with him. Torres subsequently added Ashlee on Myspace. In Feb/March 2009 he arrived at Ashlee’s home to style her and her 14 year old friends’ hair. He snuck alcohol to the girls and when her mother went to bed Torres entered the girl’s bedroom. He began questioning their sexualities, encouraged them to make out and joined in. Later in the night he put her hand on his exposed penis. When she recoiled he became enraged. In May he invited her to the cinema and afterwards, he parked his car in an isolated area of the parking lot and attempted to force her to perform oral sex. When she refused, he grew angry and erratically drove her home. He pulled over near her home and forced her to perform oral sex. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview and Repzilla Interview, 2020)
- 2009, Florida: Damien Leonhardt (10), also known as Jessi Slaughter, added Torres on Myspace and met him soon afterwards at a BOTDF show. Torres began grooming them. Damien told Repzilla that they attended a BBQ at Torres’s parents’ home where they were forced to perform oral sex in the bathroom. Damien also told Repzilla that both Jayy Von Monroe and Jeffree Star witnessed them in the company of Torres at 11 years old. In 2010 a school friend exposed their relationship with Torres on Stickydrama. They retaliated by uploading the “I’ll pop a glock in your mouth and make a brain slushie” YouTube video. Torres was alerted to the situation and publicly denounced Damien as a liar who had underlying mental health problems. Damien then uploaded the “You done goofed” video with her father who was enraged by the bullying. Torres responded by making a parody YouTube video of this with Jayy. He then sent his fan base, the "Slash Gash Terror Crew", to dox Damien. On Damien’s 12th birthday BOTDF released their song “You Done Goofed” which included lyrics such as, “My name and reputation won’t be the target of a slut” and Damien subsequently attempted suicide the same day. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, Repzilla Interview 1, Repzilla Interview 2, 2020)
- 2009, Centennial, Colorado: Ariel (16) met Torres at a BOTDF show where he signed her breasts, led her to his car, drove her to a semi-isolated parking lot and began aggressively kissing and groping her. He became angry when he placed her hand on his penis and she recoiled. He took her back to the venue. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2009, Centennial, Colorado: Torein (17) met Torres shortly after his interaction with Ariel. He asked her to go outside and led her to a secluded area. He forced her to her knees and ejaculated on her face. She stated that the encounter was over within 45 seconds, before she had time to process what was happening. Torres told her, “That was so good baby girl, you made me feel so good”. She went back to the venue, cleaned herself up and alerted the venue staff. Torres was arrested for this assault but as she had already cleaned herself off no evidence could be obtained at the hospital and Centennial PD dropped the charges. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2010, Brevard County, Florida: Patricia (15) spent time with Torres on several occasions and on at least one of these, was forced to perform oral sex. She stated, “He made it all seem so normal, and even came to see me twice more after [he assaulted me]… I was a confused kid desperate for attention and had misplaced feelings for a predator… He made me feel special.” (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2010, New York City: Kay (15) met Torres at a BOTDF show where they exchanged phone numbers. They communicated for several months before Torres invited her and her mother to his home in Florida. During their stay Kay stated, “He just grabbed me by my hair and threw me to the ground” before forcing her to perform oral sex. In Summer 2011 at 16, Torres invited her to join the band at Warped Tour. Whilst she was alone on the tour bus Torres approached her and exposed his genitals. He stated, “You know why I brought you here. You’re gonna give me head, or you’re getting the fuck off the bus”. When she refused, he hit her in the face. (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2010, Vancouver, Canada: Justine (16) attended a BOTDF show where Torres groped her breasts. (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2010, Arizona: HuffPost Anonymous Survivor One (15) was invited by Torres to a party at his home where he demanded she perform oral sex, but on that occasion she managed to flee. After this they hung out a dozen more times. She eventually submitted to his demands for oral sex whilst she was still 15 and their sexual relationship lasted for a year. Torres eventually convinced her to have sex with him after months of grooming. He handed her emergency contraception and watched whilst she swallowed it in front of him. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2010, Ohio: Katie (18) met Torres at a BOTDF show at 16 where they exchanged phone numbers. The messages quickly turned sexual and she was groomed until she turned 18 when Torres then wanted to evolve their relationship to a physical one. In 2010 Torres paid for her to fly to Florida where they planned to visit the Walt Disney theme parks. During this visit Torres spiked Katie’s drink and filmed the ‘X Times 3’ video which was subsequently uploaded to YouTube. After it was filmed, he led her to his walk-in closet, pinned her to the ground by her throat, choked her, threatened to kill her and raped her. She was forced to stay with him for 1.5-2 months until her mother demanded Torres send her home to Ohio or she would phone the police. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2011, Norfolk, Virginia: Emerald Poor (18) met Torres unexpectedly at a local mall before a BOTDF gig she had been planning to attend. After the show Torres gave her his phone number. In November, Emerald made plans to meet Torres at his Holiday Inn room so they could go for breakfast together. When he opened the hotel room door he grabbed her by the throat and dragged her into the bathroom where he raped her. He forced her to watch the assault in the mirror. He then raped her a second time in the bedroom. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2011, Columbus, Ohio: Ellie (12) met Torres at a BOTDF show with her mother who had been friends with him on Myspace since 2009. Her mother took her to the band’s hotel for an after party and left her alone with Torres whilst she went to score drugs. Torres offered Ellie a $60 BOTDF jacket in exchange for oral sex, stating her mother would not find out. The child obliged. Afterwards, Torres added her on Myspace and communicated with her via phone for a year. In 2012 Ellie attended Warped Tour in Cincinnati alone. She met with Torres who led her to his tour bus. There he exposed her breasts, poured Monster energy drink over them to lick off and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She stopped communicating with him after this and he released the ‘Bad Blood’ album on her 14th birthday which she believes was targeted at her. (Source: Pastel Belle Interview, 2020)
- 2012, Cleveland, Ohio: Kate Offutt (16) attended a BOTDF show where she was molested by Torres after previously defending him vocally online against sexual abuse accusations. She stated, “There are so many people I’ve attacked on his behalf… After seeing so many testimonies you would think maybe these people aren’t lying, maybe there is something behind this, but unfortunately I put myself in denial ... I tried to believe for the longest time that he was innocent… Then it happened to me.” (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2012, St Louis, Missouri: Sam (18) attended a BOTDF show and was invited by Torres onto the bands tour bus. She was forced to perform oral sex and during the assault she had an asthma attack. Torres “joked how his penis could have choked her to death”. (Source: HuffPost, 2019)
- 2012, Houston, Texas: Tye Burns (16) met Torres at the Cheesecake Factory in the Galleria Mall after communicating online. He referred to her during this meeting as “my little school girl”. Afterwards, he led her to his SUV which was parked in the malls underground parking lot. When they got into the car he forced her face into his crotch and groped her. In May Torres invited Tye, her mother and her brother to stay at his home in Arizona for a week. Tye’s mother trusted Torres as he had previously paid to get her car out of impound and offered to reimburse her for the 23 hour drive to his home (he didn't). Tye stated that during this visit he expected oral sex twice a day and that, “He would never ask my permission, just take me somewhere where we were alone and grab my head and push me down like a dog”. Jayy Von Monroe told the Huffington Post that he had seen Tye at the property with Torres, who passed her off as a family friend. (Source: Metalsucks, 2018 and HuffPost, 2018)
- 2012, Location Unknown: Shae (14) attended a BOTDF meet and greet where Torres groped her breasts. A couple of years later she attended another show on the ‘Bitchcraft’ tour where Torres approached her mother at the bar during the band’s performance of ‘Call Me Master’. He poured a drink over her, groped her and attempted to make out with her whilst she attempted to push him away. (Source: Metalsucks, 2018)
- 2012, Chandler, Arizona: Jenny (17) met Torres and arranged to go on a date. He forced her to perform oral sex. Torres convinced her to drop out of high school to come on tour with BOTDF. They dated for a year before she left him due to his serial cheating. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2012, Tulsa, Oklahoma: HuffPost Anonymous Survivor Two was groped by Torres at a BOTDF meet and greet. She requested to remain anonymous stating that Torres “has been known to stalk and harass his victims”. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2012, Boise, Idaho: Tiffany Galvez (17) went to dinner with Torres and a group of their friends. Afterwards, Torres invited them to his tour bus to “play with his hair”. He isolated Tiffany in the bathroom, pushed her against the wall and demanded oral sex stating, “So are you gonna S my D or what?” (referencing the 2008 BOTDF song). Her boyfriend arrived at that moment and Torres backed off. In the weeks following this incident Tiffany received numerous texts from Torres which were subsequently leaked online. One states, “I’m going to gag your little teenage mouth with my hard cock and fuck you till you cum all over me”. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2012, Boise, Idaho: Kyla Jorgensen (17) was with the previous survivor Tiffany Galvez. After Torres had attempted to assault Tiffany, he proceeded to isolate Kyla and groped her breasts. Both girls left before the situation escalated. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2012, Scottsdale, Arizona: Breanna Johnson (15), who also spoke with Metalsucks under the pseudonym ‘Alice’, met Torres at a BOTDF meet and greet where they exchanged phone numbers. She subsequently attended an after party at the bands home in Arizona where she was sexually assaulted on three separate occasions, including forced oral sex and rape. Torres promised her that he would have her families water supply turned back on in exchange for sex, promised her a position on tour as a merch girl and offered to be her first interview as a music journalist. (Source: Metalsucks, 2018 and Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2012, London, England: Kerry Louise (19) was attending Warped Tour when she tweeted that she’d been waiting in the cold for some time. Torres DM'd her offering VIP passes. When she arrived at BOTDF’s tour bus Torres demanded she go to his private quarters. Once isolated he became aggressive and raped her whilst filming it on his phone. Torres invited Kerry to join them on the remainder of their Warped Tour shows and subsequently their 2013 European tour. Whilst in Paris in 2013, Torres spiked Kerry’s drink and forced her into a threesome with a fan. Torres flew Kerry to San Diego to work on the bands 2014 album ‘Bitchcraft’. Whilst in the US she was forced to perform sex acts on Torres. On one occasion, at Bar Sinister in Hollywood, Torres grew enraged that she was spending time with another guy. He stormed out of the bar and began verbally and physically assaulting Kerry, telling her that she was a “worthless, disgusting slut”. This YouTube video captured the end of a fight that night after a couple attempted to protect Kerry from Torres. When she left the US she ceased contact with BOTDF. She was not financially compensated fully any of her tour appearances. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2012, UK: An anonymous woman contacted Kerry Louise and told her that she had been sexually assaulted by Torres at his hotel during BOTDF’s UK tour. (Source: Kerrys Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2012, Kentucky: Tesah Jordin (16) was contacted by Torres on Twitter after tweeting about not being allowed to attend a BOTDF show. Torres phoned her later that same day and offered her concert tickets in exchange for an “oral report”. Tesah was groomed and manipulated by Torres until her 18th birthday when they met in person. She was coerced into having sex after previously refusing. Tesah dated Torres on and off for two years. In this time she witnessed him groping underage fans and bringing young girls to their hotel. She claims that Torres admitted to her that he is only attracted to younger girls. Tesah was also exploited financially after BOTDF separated and he was struggling with debt. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
Victims of Exploitation and Theft
- 2006, Florida: Jesse (17) met Torres through Myspace. He then contacted her through AOL messenger offering to style her hair in exchange for oral sex. When she refused he attempted to manipulate her. She blocked him on messenger and Myspace. (Source: Repzilla Interview, 2020)
- 2008, Location Unknown, US: Noa (11) met Torres via Myspace where he provided her with his Skype information, and began grooming her. He quickly became sexually explicit during their calls which culminated in him masturbating whilst on video. He explained that he couldn’t help himself as she was wearing a tank top and he could see her chest. Noa told him that she didn’t like what he had done but he became enraged and attempted to manipulate her. He claimed that if she liked him, she would allow him to do it. His demands of her during these calls gradually worsened. He asked her to expose her breasts, to put her fingers or objects down her throat until she gagged, to refer to him as “daddy” and to expose her genitals whilst touching herself. She expressed that she felt ashamed and deeply uncomfortable but obeyed him as she was living in an abusive household and desperately yearned friendship. Torres promised that he would save her from her mother. The final time they spoke, he informed her that he was done with her as grooming and coaching her to perform for him was proving to be too difficult. He threatened to send her family screenshots of her exposing herself on camera if she told anyone about him. He told her she wouldn’t be believed, and her family would be disgusted by her. He then blocked her. She attempted suicide for the first time 1-2 days later. (Source: Repzila Interview, 2020)
- 2009, Orlando, Florida: Jayy Von Monroe (16) met Torres in 2007 at a show, after being introduced to him via Myspace. On Jayys 18th birthday, in 2009, Torres called and asked him to join BOTDF after firing his other band member, Garrett Ecstasy. He began touring with Torres one month later and quickly learnt that he was aggressive, impatient and short tempered. Jayy explained that he had been groomed by Torres and was subsequently mentally, emotionally and financially abused. Jayy officially left BOTDF in 2016 after being diagnosed with HIV but still being forced to go on tour by Torres who was struggling financially. He appeared on Dragula in 2017 under his drag name 'Dahli' where he discussed why he left BOTDF. (Source: HuffPost, 2018 and Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2010, Various Locations, US: Ash Costello (25), the lead singer of New Years Day, was victimised by Torres during two tours. On the 2010 “All The Rage!” tour, he pinned her against a wall and drew over her face in Sharpie, burst into her dressing room and began firing a super soaker in her face (ruining her makeup) and on Halloween night Torres assaulted Ash. She was getting changed when she heard strange noises, before noticing Torres standing in the shadows wearing a cloak and animal mask. She initially thought it was a joke until he lunged forwards, pinned her to the ground and began choking her. She was terrified and believed he was going to kill her. Her band members heard the commotion and saved her. NYD were pressured by their management to not file a police report and to stay silent. On the 2013 “The Scene is Dead” tour, NYD witnessed minors hanging around backstage and at BOTDFs tour bus, mums actively searching for their young daughters and frequent violent outbursts including an incident where he smashed the lighting guys laptop. At the beginning of the tour, Ash would join Torres on stage to perform alongside him. He would belittle her and even stated on stage that “you have to suck my dick if you want to make it in Hollywood”. Ash was scared to confront Torres due to his two large security guards. NYD were eventually released from the tour for discouraging a young girl from going to BOTDFs tour bus. Torres told Ash that he would ruin her. Afterwards, young girls felt comfortable coming to Ash about the abuse they had suffered at the hands of Torres. She compiled a report encompassing the testimonies and evidence from 30 survivors and filed a police report with the Orange County sheriff’s department. Police didn’t pursue an investigation due to jurisdictional issues and the evidence was destroyed after 2 years. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2012, Location Unknown: Sophie McClure (13) attended a BOTDF show where Torres kissed her. Sophie stated that at other BOTDF shows she witnessed Torres have “a young girl flash the crowd for a free shirt” and another where “he took his pants off and crowd surfed”. They continued to communicate for years afterwards. (Source: HuffPost, 2018)
- 2012, Oklahoma: Kortney (17) attended a tour alongside two older friends to watch Davey Suicide. Whilst hanging around outside the venue, Dahvie, accompanied by a large security guard, approached her, and complimented her on her dress. Later, the same security guard approached her and asked her if she liked botdf. When she said no, he replied “Ok I’ll let Dahvie know”. During Jeffree Stars performance a second man approached her and began chatting to her about his prior experience working with Davey Suicide. He asked her if they’d like to go on the tour bus. She agreed thinking he meant Davey’s. When they were brought on the bus, she realised it was BOTDFs. In the beginning, Dahvie appeared friendly but she felt uncomfortable and didn’t want to be on his bus. When the opportunity presented itself, he grabbed her, pulled her onto the bed against him, asked her age, stroked her arm, asked what her zodiac sign was and took a photo of them on his phone. He suddenly called for his bodyguard to “get rid of her friends”. Panicked, she said she wanted to go for a cigarette. Torres called on an older woman to take her for a smoke and then take her back to him. When she got off the tour bus she quickly left. (Source: Pastel Belle Interview, 2020)
- 2012, Cleveland, Ohio: Nydia (15), also known as N3l3na Kniv3z, began communicating with Torres on Twitter where he started grooming her and inviting her to stay with him. In 2012, after a show, Torres invited her back to his home for a party. She refused. In 2015, she began writing music for BOTDF’s “Cruel Pornography” album in exchange for credit and free merch (she did not receive either). The same year, she attended an all ages show where she seen Torres enter the women’s bathroom (she stated that Jayy also witnessed this). At a 2016 show, she witnessed Torres leaving the venue with two young girls. She ceased communication with him in 2018. Nydia stated that over the years Torres would frequently fill his mouth with water, swish it around and spit it out across the crowd. She also witnessed Jayy position a can of silly string at Torres’s crotch and squirt it across the crowd, feigning ejaculation. (Source: YouTube Testimony, 2020)
- 2010, California: Nicole Nogrady (27), also known professionally as Lady Nogrady, met BOTDF at a recording studio in LA where they worked on their “All The Rage!!” album. In a 2012 issue of Lemonade Magazine, Nicole explained how she was bullied by Torres and treated disrespectfully. She added that he had attempted to make sexual advances towards her, which she rebuffed. Torres responded by leaking her phone number on Twitter and encouraged his fans to dox her. She told Chris Hansen that Torres acted unprofessionally and had poor business ethics. Nicole was not compensated fully for her contribution to the album and was not paid for concert appearances. (Source: Chris Hansen Interview, 2020)
- 2010, Various Locations, US: October (21), who worked as a merch girl for Jeffree Star and William Control, met Torres on tour. He flirted with her and invited her to stay with him in Florida. Once there, she witnessed what she described as a revolving door of young women. In Oklahoma, October witnessed a group of young teenagers hanging around the band’s hotel parking lot. When they were confronted, they explained their 15-year-old friend was “with” Dahvie. When the girl left Torre’s hotel room, October stated she appeared extremely dishevelled. She claimed Torres was extremely aggressive, that he was frightening when angry and had a profound need to be in control. When discussing working in the alternative music scene from 2006 she stated she was brainwashed to believe that, “The musician’s always right, and to not make a fuss because if you make a fuss, then you’re considered high maintenance, and if you’re high maintenance, no one will hire you”. (Source: Pastel Belle Interview, 2020)
Wyandotte County serves eviction notice on T-Bones
The 276 Questions to Answer Before Getting Married
submitted by Delicious-Scholar to FemaleDatingStrategy [link] [comments]
Hi FDS Community,
I originally came across this exhaustive list on Quora, though I’m sure it’s from elsewhere. It’s a list of 276 questions that should be asked to and answered by your partner before settling into the ultimate commitment. The idea is to thoroughly vet your partner for compatibility before meshing your lives. I’ve learned over the years that compatibility and chemistry are to totally different things, and while both are needed, I would say compatibility should be weighted more.
I do think some of these questions are invasive/personal, but it’s your
life. And choosing your partner for a life commitment is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. At least that’s what I’ve heard.
- Are you working in your chosen field?
- How many hours a week do you work?
- What does your job entail? (For examp le, do you often travel for business, work at home, performs dangerous tasks?)
- What is your dream job?
- Have you ever been called a workaholic?
- What is your retirement plan? What do you plan to do when you stop working?
- Have you ever been fired?
- Have you ever quit a job suddenly? Have you changed jobs a lot?
- Do you consider your work a career or just a job?
- Has your work ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you prefer urban, suburban, or rural settings?
- Is it important to have your own private home, or do you prefer apartment or condo living, with a management company responsible for the maintenance? Are you a do-it yourselfer, or would you rather hire professionals? Do you prefer to clean your own home or hire a housekeeper?
- Do you think of your home as a cocoon, or is your door always open? What do you need to feel energized and inspired in your home?
- Is quiet important in your home, or do you prefer having music or some background noise most of the time? Is it important to have a TV in the bedroom? Living room? Kitchen? Do you like to sleep with the TV or radio on?
- How important is it for you to have a space in your home that is yours alone?
- Have differences about home style ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- If you had unlimited resources, how would you live?
- How important is it for you to make a lot of money?
- What is your annual income?
- Do you pay alimony or child support?
22 Do you believe in prenuptial agreements? Under what circumstances?
- Do you believe in establishing a family budget?
- Should individuals within a marriage have separate bank accounts in addition to joint accounts? Do you feel that bills should be divided based on a percentage of each person’s salary?
- Who should handle the finances in your family?
- Do you have significant debts?
- Do you gamble?
- Did you have a paying job when you were in high school? Before high school?
- Have you ever been called cheap or stingy?
- Do you believe that a certain amount of money should be set aside for pleasure, even if you�re on a tight budget?
- Have you ever used money as a way of controlling a relationship? Has anyone ever tried to control you with money?
- Has money ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Have you ever felt deeply insecure in a relationship? Were you able to name your fear?
- When was the first time you felt that you were in love with another person? What happened in that relationship, and how have you come to terms with it?
- What is the longest relationship you have ever had prior to this one? Why did it end, and what lesson did you learn?
- Have you ever been married? If so, are you divorced or widowed? How do you think you handled the loss?
- If you have a current partner, do they know of behaviors that you exhibited in your previous relationship that you�re not proud of?
- Do you believe that past relationships should be left in the past and not talked about in your current relationship?
- Do you tend to judge current partners on past relationships?
- Have you ever sought marriage counseling? What did the experience teach you?
- Do you have children from previous marriages or non-marital relationships? What is your relationship with them? How do you see your relationship with them in the future?
- Have you ever been engaged to be married but didn�t go through with the wedding?
- Have you ever had a live-in partner? Why did you choose to live together instead of marrying? What did your experience teach you about the importance of marriage and about commitment?
- Do you harbor fears that the person you love might reject you or fail out of love with you?
- What sexual activities do you enjoy the most? Are there specific sexual acts that make you uncomfortable? Be specific! This is no time to hedge.
- Do you feel comfortable initiating sex? If yes, why? If no, why?
- What do you need in order to be in the mood for sex?
- Have you ever been sexually abused or assaulted?
- What was the attitude toward sex in your family? Was it talked about? Who taught you about sex?
- Do you use sex to self-medicate? If something upsets you, do you use sex to try and help you feel better?
- Have you ever felt forced to have sex to �keep the peace�? Have you ever forced someone or been told that you forced someone to have sex with you to �keep the peace�?
- Is sexual fidelity an absolute necessity in a good marriage?
- Do you enjoy viewing pornography?
- How often do you need or expect sex?
- Have you ever a sexual relationship with a person of the same sex?
- Has sexual dissatisfaction ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- How would you describe the current state of your health?
- Have you ever had a serious illness? Have you ever had surgery?
- Do you believe it is a sacred responsibility to take care of yourself? Do you believe that taking care of your physical and mental health is a part of honoring your marriage vows?
- Are there genetic diseases in your family or a history of cancer, heart disease, or chronic illness?
- Do you have health insurance? Dental insurance?
- Do you belong to a gym? If so, how much time do you spend at the gym every week?
- Do you play sports or take exercise classes?
- Have you ever been in a physically or emotionally abusive relationship?
- Have you ever suffered from an eating disorder?
- Have you ever been in a serious accident?
- Do you take medication?
- Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease?
P.. Have you ever been treated for a mental disorder?
- Do you see a therapist?
- Do you smoke, or have you ever smoked?
- Do you consider yourself an addictive personality, and have you ever suffered from an addiction? Have you ever been told you have an addiction problem, even though you might disagree?
- How much alcohol do you drink every week?
- Do you use recreational drugs?
- Do you have a medical problem that impacts your ability to have a satisfying sex life (for example, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, vaginal dryness, drug/alcohol addiction, etc)?
- Have any of these health problems ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- How important is it that you always look your best?
- How important is your spouse�s appearance? Do you have strong preferences about being with a particular physical �type�?
- Are there cosmetic procedures that you regularly undergo?
- Is weight control important to you? Is your spouse�s weight important to you? What would your reaction be if your partner were to gain a significant amount of weight?
- How much money do you spend on clothing every year?
- Do you worry about getting old? Do you worry about losing your looks?
- What do you like and dislike about your appearance? When you were a child, were you often complimented or shamed about your looks?
- What would your reaction be if your spouse lost a limb? A breast? How would you handle this loss?
- Do you feel that you can have good chemistry with someone who is moderately physically attractive to you, or is a strong physical attraction necessary? Has physical appearance or �chemistry� ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you want children? When? How many? Are you unable to have children?
- Would you feel unfulfilled if you were unable to have children?
- Who is responsible for birth control? What would you do if there were an accidental pregnancy before you planned to have children?
- What is your view of fertility treatments? Adoption? Would you adopt if you were unable to have a child naturally?
- What is your view of abortion? Should a husband have an equal say in whether his wife has an abortion? Have you ever had an abortion?
- Have you ever given birth to a child or fathered a child who was put up for adoption?
- How important is it to you that your children are raised near your extended family?
- Do you believe that a good mother will want to breast-feed her baby? Do you believe a mother or father should stay at home with a child during the first six months of life? The first year? Longer?
- Do you believe in spanking a child? What type of discipline do you believe in (time-out, standing in the corner, taking away privileges, etc.)?
- Do you believe that children have rights? Do you feel that a child�s opinion should be considered when making family and life decisions, such as moving or changing schools?
- Do you believe that children should be raised with some religious or spiritual foundation?
- Should boys be treated the same as girls? Should they have the same rules for conduct? Should you have the same expectations for their sexual behavior?
- Would you put your teenage daughter on birth control if you knew that she was sexually active?
- How would you handle it if you didn�t like your child�s friends?
- Would you put your teenage daughter on birth control if you knew that she was sexually active?
- How would you handle it if you didn’t like your child’s friends?
- In a blended family; should birth parents be in charge of making decisions for their own children?
- Would you ever consider getting a vasectomy or having your tubes tied? Do you believe it�s your choice, or does your partner have a say?
- Have differences concerning conception or child-raising ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Are you close to your family?
- Are you or have you ever been alienated from your family?
- Do you have a difficult time setting limits with family?
- Have you identified the childhood wound that may have sabotaged your relationships in the past�the deeply imprinted fear that made you want to escape? How were you most hurt in your family; and who hurt you?
- How important is it that you and your partner be on good terms with each other�s families?
- How did your parents settle conflicts when you were a child? Do people in your family carry long-term grudges?
- How much influence do your parents still have over your decisions?
- Have unresolved or ongoing family issues ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you have a �best friend�?
- Do you see a close friend or friends at least once a week? Do you speak to any of your friends on the phone every day?
- Are your friendships as Important to you as your life partner is?
- If your friends need you, are you there for them?
- Is it important to you for your partner to accept and like your friends?
- Is it important that you and your partner have friends in common?
- Do you have a difficult time setting limits with friends?
- Has a partner ever been responsible for breaking up a friendship? Have friends ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Are you an animal lover?
- Do you have a dog, cat, or other beloved pet?
- Is your attitude �Love me, love my dog [cat; potbellied pig]?�
- Have you ever been physically aggressive with an animal? Have you deliberately hurt an animal?
- Do you believe a person should give up his or her pet if it interferes with the relationship?
- Do you consider pets members of your family?
- Have you ever been jealous of a partner�s relationship with a pet?
- Have disagreements about pets ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you consider yourself liberal, moderate, or conservatives, or do you reject political labels? What was the attitude in your family about political involvement and social action?
- Do you belong to a political party? Are you actively involved?
- Did you vote in the last presidential election? Congressional election? Local election?
- Do you believe that two people of differing political ideologies can have a successful marriage?
- Do you believe that the political system is skewed against people of color, poor people, and the disenfranchised?
- Which political issues do you care about? (For example, equality national security, privacy, the environment, the budget; women�s rights, gay rights, human rights, etc.).
- Has politics ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Is it important for you to be involved in your local community?
- Do you like having a close relationship with your neighbors? For example, would you give a neighbor a spare key to your home?
- Do you regularly participate in community projects?
- Do you believe that good fences make good neighbors?
- Have you ever had a serious dispute with a neighbor?
- Do you take pains to be considerate of your neighbors (for example, keeping a lid on loud music, barking dogs, etc.)?
- How important is it to you to contribute time or money to charity?
- Which kind of charities do you like to support? How much of your annual income do you donate to charity?
- Do you feel that it is the responsibility of the �haves� of the world to help the �have-nots�?
- Have attitudes about charitable contributions ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Have you served in the military?
- Have your parents or other relatives served in the military?
- Would you want your children to serve in the military?
- Do you personally identify more with a nonviolent approach, or with making change through military force and action?
- Has military service or attitudes about military service ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you consider yourself a law-abiding person?
- Have you ever committed a crime? If yes, what was it?
- Have you ever been arrested? If yes, for what?
- Have you ever been in jail? If yes, why?
- Have you ever been involved in a legal action or lawsuit? If yes, what were the circumstances?
- Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime? If yes, describe what happened.
- Do you believe it�s important to be rigorously honest when you pay taxes?
- Have you ever failed to pay child support? If so, why?
- Have legal or criminal issues ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Where do you get your news (for example, TV news programs, radio, newspapers, newsmagazines, the Internet, friends)?
- Do you believe what you read and see in the news, or do you question where information is coming from and what the true agenda is?
- Do you seek out media with diverse perspectives on the news?
- Have media differences ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you believe in God? What does that mean to you?
- Do you have a current religious affiliation? Is it a big part of your life?
- When you were growing up, did your family belong to a church, synagogue, temple, or mosque?
- Do you currently practice a different religion from the one in which you were raised?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Does your religion impose any behavioral restrictions (dietary, social, familial, sexual) that would affect your partner?
- Do you consider yourself a religious person? A spiritual person?
- Do you engage in spiritual practices outside of organized religion?
- How important is it to you for your partner to share your religious beliefs?
- How important is it to you for your children to be raised in your religion?
- Is spirituality a part of your daily life and practice?
- Has religion or spiritual practice ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Does popular culture have an important impact on your life?
- Do you spend time reading about, watching, or discussing actors, musicians, models, or other celebrities?
- Do you think most celebrities have a better, more exciting life than you do? (By the way, if they do, maybe it’s because they are living their lives, while you are watching them live their lives. Are you wasting the opportunity and gift to live your own life?)
- Do you regularly go to the movies, or do you prefer to rent movies and watch them at home?
- What is your favorite style of music?
- Do you attend concerts featuring your favorite musicians?
- Do you enjoy going to museums or art shows?
- Do you like to dance?
- Do you like to watch TV for entertainment?
- Have attitudes or behaviors around popular culture ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- What is your idea of a fun day?
- Do you have a hobby that�s important to you?
- Do you enjoy spectator sports?
- Are certain seasons off-limits for other activities because of football, baseball, basketball, or other sports?
- What activities do you enjoy that don�t involve your partner? How important is it to you that you and your partner enjoy the same leisure activities?
- How much money do you regularly spend on leisure activities?
- Do you enjoy activities that might make your partner uncomfortable, such as hanging out in bars drinking, going to strip clubs, or gambling?
- Have leisure time issues ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you enjoy entertaining, or do you worry that you�ll do something wrong or people won�t have a good time?
- Is it important for you to attend social events regularly, or does the prospect rarely appeal to you?
- Do you look forward to at least one night out every week, or do you prefer to enjoy yourself at home?
- Does your work involve attending social functions? If so, are these occasions a burden or a pleasure? Do you expect your spouse to be present, or do you prefer that your spouse not be present?
- Do you socialize primarily with people from work, or with people from the same ethnic/racial/religious/ socioeconomic background? Or do you socialize with a diverse mix of people?
- Are you usually the �life of the party,” or do you dislike being singled out for attention?
- Have you or a partner ever had an argument caused by one or the other�s behavior at a social function?
- Have differences about socializing ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
HOLIDAY AND BIRTHDAYS
- Which (if any holidays do you believe are the most important to celebrate?
- Do you maintain a family tradition around certain holidays?
- How important are birthday celebrations to you? Anniversaries?
- Have differences about holidays/birthdays ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
TRAVEL / VACATIONS
- Do you enjoy traveling, or are you a homebody?
- Are vacation getaways an important part of your yearly planning?
- How much of your annual income do you designate for vacation and travel expenses?
- Do you have favorite vacation destinations? Do you believe it’s wasteful to spend money on vacations to distant places?
- Do you think it’s important to have a passport? To speak a foreign language?
- Have disputes about travel and vacation ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- What is your level of formal education? Is your education a source of pride or shame?
- Do you regularly sign up for courses that interest you, or enroll in advanced-learning programs that will help you in your career or profession?
- Do you think that college graduates are smarter than people who didn�t attend college? Have disparities in education ever been a source of tension for you in a relationship, or ended a relationship?
- How do you feel about private school education for children? Do you have a limit on how much you would be willing to invest in private school education?
- Have education levels or priorities ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you own or lease a car? Would you ever consider not having a car?
- Is the year, make, and model of the car you drive important to you? Is your car your �castle�?
- Are fuel efficiency and environmental protection factors when you choose a car?
- Given the availability of reliable public transportation, would you prefer not to drive a car at all?
- How much time do you spend maintaining and caring for your vehicle? Are you reluctant to let others drive your car?
- How long is your daily commute? Is it by bus, train, car, or carpool?
- Do you consider yourself a good driver? Have you ever received a speeding ticket?
- Have cars or driving ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- How much time do you spend on the phone every day?
- Do you have a cell phone? A BlackBerry?
- Do you belong to any Internet chat groups? Do you spend significant time each day writing c-mails?
- Do you have an unlisted telephone number? If yes, why?
- Do you consider yourself a communicator or a private person?
- What are the circumstances under which you would not answer the telephone, cell phone, or BlackBerry?
- Has modem communication ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Do you like to eat most of your meals sitting at the table, or do you tend to eat on the run?
- Do you love to cook? Do you love to eat? 232. When you were growing up, was it important that everybody be present for dinner?
- Do you follow a specific diet regimen that limits your food choices? Do you expect others in your household to adhere to certain dietary restrictions?
- In your family is food ever used as a bribe or a proof of love?
- Has eating ever been a source of shame for you?
- Have eating and food ever been a source of tension and stress in a relationship? Have they ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Are there household responsibilities you believe to be the sole domain of a man or a woman? Why do you believe this?
- Do you believe that marriages are stronger if a woman defers to her husband in most areas? Do you need to feel either in control or taken care of?
- How important is equality in a marriage? Define what you mean by �equality.�
- Do you believe that roles in your family should be filled by the person best equipped for the job, even if it is an unconventional arrangement?
- How did your family view the roles of girls and boys, men and women? In your family; could anyone do any job as long as it got done well?
- Have different ideas about gender roles ever been a source of tension for you in a relationship, or the cause of a breakup?
RACE, ETHNICITY, AND DIFFERENCES
- What did you learn about race and ethnic differences as a child?
- Which of those beliefs from childhood do you still carry; and which have you shed?
- Does your work environment look more like the United Nations, or like a mirror of yourself? How about your personal life?
- How would you feel if your child dated someone of a different race or ethnicity? The same gender? How would you feel if he or she married this person?
- Are you aware of your own biases regarding race and ethnicity? What are they? Where did they come from? (We aren�t born biased, we learn it, and it�s important to trace where it was learned.)
- Have race, ethnicity, and differences ever been a source of tension and stress for you in a relationship?
- What were your family�s views of race, ethnicity, and difference?
- Is it important to you that your partner shares your vision of race, ethnicity, and difference?
- Have different ideas about race, ethnicity~ and difference ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
LIVING EVERY DAY
- Would you consider yourself a morning person or a night person?
- Do you judge people who have a different waking and sleeping clock than you?
254 Are you a physically affectionate person?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- When you disagree with your partner, do you tend to fight or withdraw?
- What is your idea of a fair division of labor in your household?
- Do you consider yourself an easygoing person, or are you most comfortable with a firm plan of action?
- How much sleep do you need every night?
- Do you like to be freshly showered and wearing clean clothes every day, even on weekends or vacations?
- What is your idea of perfect relaxation?
- What makes you really angry? What do you do when you�re really angry?
- What makes you most joyful? What do you do when you are joyful?
- What makes you most insecure? How do you handle your insecurities?
- What makes you most secure?
- Do you fight fair? How do you know?
- How do you celebrate when something great happens? How do you mourn when something tragic happens?
- What is your greatest limitation?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What most stands in the way of your creating a passionate and caring marriage?
- What do you need to do today to move toward making your dream marriage a reality?
- What makes you most afraid?
- What drains you of your joy and passion?
- What replenishes your mind, body, and spirit?
- What makes your heart smile in tough times?
- What makes you feel the most alive?
Firehouse Chronicles (Part I)
I wasn't sure how to tell this story. If I'm being honest I still don't. I tried to tell it years ago, but it kept growing, and so it never felt like the right time. It's about a place, but at its core, it's about the people who lived in that place. That place is called the Fire House. The people, whose names I will get to in a moment, were regarded by Jay and I as, "the fucks". Every time something notable would go down, I thought, "I must record this", and then something else would happen. Time would pass. My notes would grow sloppier, and the keys of my board would gather more and more dust. This tale has four parts to it and spans a few years. Welcome to the fall of 2013, join me as we watch the leaves change color. submitted by XleepyJoeBenzo to u/XleepyJoeBenzo [link] [comments]
I met the fucks through Jay. They were his house mates, and before that, they were his freshman year dorm roommates. Andrew and Ken. Andrew, who was an aspiring music producer, was a successful weed salesman. He had cornered the market in his residence hall that first year. Ken, who mostly rode the coat tales of Andrew's personality, was a business major amongst a sea of other business majors. This did not seem to help his case of trying to stand out. He was a very talented guitarist though. I think if he had stopped worrying about what others think, he would have easily stood out. He had a creative personality that he hid most of the time with anxiety medication and other drugs. Long story short, Jay and them had a lot of fun that first year and decided to get a house together. They didn't want just any house though. They wanted a house where they could throw huge parties.
The rent is cheaper the further northwest you go from the campus. This is Drexel University in Philadelphia. They decided on a house that was located in an area where students were advised to use the buddy system when traversing. It was indeed rough, but it had character. This house was three stories high, with a deck on the third floor, and roof access with the help of a small ladder. It's a fucking miracle that nobody ever fell off.
The house was set up strategically. Andrew, being the music producer, was situated on the second floor and ran the speakers from his room down to the living room. He could then DJ the parties from his bedroom. Ken's room was directly across and had two sofas with as little obstacles as possible. This is where the customers would come and sit while Andrew ran his business.
Andrew had graduated from selling weed. He still sold weed, and still had all of his customers, but now he also sold pills. Xanax and Oxycodone to be exact. Jay had a bedroom on the third floor because he didn't want to always be involved with the drug dealing. He was fine with weed, but he was definitely skeptical when Andrew told him everything else he would be selling that year. Another long story short, they threw their first party during welcome week, and it was a banger. Every week, the group chats and Facebook pages for Drexel's parties had "The Firehouse" on the list. It became one of the most consistent rage scenes in 2013-2014. Every week the number of attendees grew, and so did the damage to the house.
Sometime around halloween, I grew board of going to the same old parties at my university. I remember sharing this with Jay. I need something to do. A job. A task. A direction in life. He said I had to come and check out the parties that his house throws. It was certainly more appealing than whatever I had planned. I went to my first party and was hooked instantly.
Tonight is Drexel's homecoming. There's a concert that everyone's going to. Schoolboy Q. I didn't have a ticket, but I was not a novice at sneaking into concerts. I would have bought one, but they were sold out. I figured I would just print a copy of Jay's ticket and make sure he went in first. When they try and scan my ticket and get an error message, I would then just shrug my shoulders and look sad.
"What do you mean it's not working? What should I do?"
They have to scan so many Goddamn tickets as people flood the doors. There's no way they're spending more than ten seconds per person. We told the fucks about how I intended to enter the event. They spent the next ten minutes trying to make Jay look like a complete asshole for allowing his friend to withstand such brutal hosting. Really I didn't care. I enjoy the sort of rush you get from sneaking in somewhere. The fucks would usually try and tear down Jay when I was around. It sucked because he was always just trying to show me a good time, and they would often say things like "Oh man you came on the worst weekend, you should have came last week! Jay you're retarded.".
Anyway, we proceed to do drugs. We started with some dabs which I did not partake. I love dabs, but if we're going anywhere social and with girls I am fucking out. I have no game after taking a fucking dab that's for damn sure. Then, out popped tin foil and a lighter. What's this now? I was promptly introduced to freebasing pills. It looked fucking sketchy. Andrew went. Now Ken. They passed it over to Jay. Is he going to do this? It smells funky. This can't be good for you. Surely Jay has enough sense in him not to go along with this ugly temptation.
"Alright I'm down since it's homecoming.", he says.
It definitely wasn't his first time. He used those drugs with style. The foil was then passed over to me.
"Give him a fresh one, that one's fucking charred.", directed Ken, with a sort of cocky swagger.
They placed a new pill on the foil and passed it my way. I guess I held Jay to higher standard of values than myself because I grabbed that foil with no hesitation at all. They took a minute to coach me in the technique. Away I went. My goodness. It tastes like cotton candy. That was certainly unexpected. Instant euphoria. Wow. I've taken Hydrocodone orally before, but this, this is something else. We broke out the Gin and poured some shots. How many licks does it take to get to the center of the Tootsie Pop? I'm the Temple Owl, and I'll never tell.
The pregame was at their friend's apartment. Probably another trap house. Andrew had his mother's car because he had recently brought his keyboard and drum set to the house. You should never drive under the influence. You should also never smoke pills from a piece of tinfoil. It's nice to think of yourself as the good guy. The protagonist in the stories. The unfortunate truth is that the main character here is a selfish coward who takes whatever he wants and never gives a shit. This is the sad result of crippling nihilism at a young age without suffering many consequences for shitty behavior. We arrive at the apartment.
This apartment building is affiliated with the university. You need to hand over your identification before they let you upstairs. No matter, even though I usually forget mine, today I have it on me. Jay forgot his. This is his territory. Please don't leave me with these fucks. Please don't leave me alone to meet all of these new people. Will they even introduce me? Will I spend the pre game in the corner by myself? Which version of me should I give these strangers? We went upstairs.
The apartment was very nice. Modern and stylish. Low furniture. Nice grey hardwood floors. Stomp stomp. What is this oak? Andrew and Ken were quick to run off. Shit, my inner narrative is playing out exactly as I expected. I saw an open bar in the corner and made my way over. Greetings Captain Morgan. Hello there... blue.. vodka? I mixed a captain and coke. Before I could taste it, I took a large double shot of the vodka. Blue doesn't taste any better than clear.
I walked over to the iPod that was playing music for everyone. There must have been a good thirty people in this apartment. I spun the wheel, but couldn't find anything good. Hmm. Santeria, by Sublime. I like that song. We get down to Sublime every summer by the beach. I waited for the current song to end and then hit play. As the intro started, Ken ran over to me.
"Dude this isn't the right time for that song."
I understand his position. He brought me to this party. The girl who is hosting is a good looking Drexel University student. Ken has a lot of social anxiety. The last thing he needs is having everyone know that some stranger he brought to Emily's pre game on homecoming killed the vibe. I get it. As soon as the speakers told everyone that he doesn't practice santeria, and that he doesn't have a crystal ball, the entire party erupted in unison:
"Well I had a million dollars, but I, I spent it all!"
Music to my fucking ears. Not only was I relieved that everyone knew the song, but I was really happy that Ken was off the hook. After that I met some people, talked some shit, and drank more juice. We met Jay before entering the concert. Once I saw he was through, I went in for the kill. As per usual, it worked, I was given a wristband and turned loose inside. This part is too much of a blur to even try and report. All I know is that somehow I made my way into the VIP section accidentally. I found out when I was dancing with some very important people and they were talking about what they were going to say when they got backstage.
I left to use the restroom. When I tried to get back into the VIP section, the door man asked to see my ticket. I showed him my wristband. He insisted on seeing my ticket. Stupidly, I showed him, and because my ticket was literally good for nothing, it was really not good for entering this area. We got into an argument, because I was sloshed, and I was kicked out of the entire event. Upon trying to return, I tried entering a door that was being watched by a lone police officer.
Police officers in Philadelphia who work University events are very lenient. They are not there to arrest people. They are there for our protection. That being said, I pushed the envelope very far. I insisted that this lone ranger let me through the door. He told me around my third attempt that if I tried to go through again, I would be spending the night in jail. I tried anyway. This is when things get a bit hairy. He grabs me by the arm and reaches for his cuffs. As this happens my cocktail party hearing kicks in.
"It's Link!!, he's getting arrested!"
I looked up and saw Andrew and Ken off in the distance with a few other people. I then looked back at the police officer's hand, which was bringing the cuffs around to meet the arm he had ahold of. Think fast. I swatted the cuffs and they fell to the pavement.
"Cuffs on the ground!", I shouted.
He reached down to grab them and I broke free. I bolted towards the fucks. Home free. We laughed our way back to the firehouse where we met Jay. All of us were separated at the concert, well, except for Andrew and Ken; they are attached at the hip. A dysfunctional sort of Siamese twins. Anyway, we all recounted the events that had unfolded just moments ago. The story had somehow turned into me fighting a police officer, which wasn't true. There were cheers all around though, and we weren't alone. The firehouse was full of people. I went along with the story, desperately hoping that these strangers would think I'm cool.
We went up to the roof with a select group of people. The real VIP section. We spoke our truths up there looking at the sky as it turned from black to dark blue, indicating that sometime in the coming hours the sun would rise again. We spoke of the absurdity of how we'd behaved that evening. What now? What can you do after free climbing on the edge with no harness? Hopefully having gratitude for not falling is enough. I don't think so. I am a good kid, and I like to play, and I like to go to school, but sometimes I get sad. What do you do when you get sad? How do you not be sad?
A great racer once said, "One day I started running, and that seemed to make sense, so I just kept running.". When I got sad in these early years I would run, straight ahead, and I would keep running forward no matter what. There were people who would try and hold me back, or slow me down, but I wouldn't let them. Don't you ever stop running and don't ever look behind you; there's nothing for you behind you. All that exists is what's ahead.
I used to believe that. It was easier than looking inside. You can be the fastest runner in the world, but you can't outrun the truth. The sun rose in the morning, and we all went right back to pushing that bolder up our hill, pretending it meant something important. We're all important.
\*Thanks for reading, parts II and III are available now on the blog.*
Europe tour probably rescheduled to November
Edit submitted by casmatix to JeremyZucker [link] [comments]
: Added the table with all the confirmed new dates Edit 2
: Jeremy Zucker announced the new tour dates, see Instagram post
As you might know, Jeremy had a Europe tour planned for May this year. Now, there hasn't been an official statement yet, but I'm ~~99.9 %~~ **100 %** sure that tour is not going to happen due to the obvious reasons (Covid-19). At least in Austria, all events until the end of June are cancelled.
I just found out though that the show in Vienna, Austria (which was supposed to happen on May 9th) was rescheduled for November 12th
I don't know about the other tour dates, but I'm pretty sure that if they're moving one concert to November, the rest of the Europe tour will happen in November as well. Jeremy is probably going to announce it within the next days. Update
: Other redditors have posted about their dates, and I checked with eventim.de
and Ticketmaster - this is what the new tour looks like now:
|City || |Old Date and Venue |New Date and Venue |
|Dublin || |April 30, The Academy |October 30, The Academy |
|Brussels || |May 16, AB |November 02, AB |
|Cologne || |May 12, Live Music Hall |November 2, Essigfabrik |
|Paris || |May 2, Le Trabendo |November 3, Le Trabendo |
|Berlin || |May 4, Columbia Theater |November 6, Gretchen |
|Frankfurt || |May 5, Batschkapp |November 7, Batschkapp |
|Munich || |May 8, Technikum |November 9, Technikum |
|Zurich || |May 7, Dynamo |November 10, Dynamo |
|Vienna || |May 9, WUK |November 12, probably Arena |
|Hamburg || |May 11, Grünspan |November 14, Große Freiheit 36 |
|Amsterdam || |May 14, Melkweg |November 16, Melkweg |
|London || |May 18, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire |November 18, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire |
Official ACL 2020 Lineup Speculation Thread
submitted by sgerken to aclfestival [link] [comments]
Welcome to the Official ACL 2020 Lineup Speculation Thread! Last update: March 9th @ 9:45pm EST As I did last year, this will be our ongoing hub of all things rumors, predictions, who’s in/who’s out, etc until we get the lineup in May. Last year, we tracked 9 of 10 headliners well over a month before the lineup dropped, in addition to many others in the undercard.
Quick notes on my process:
Lastly, if you have any updates you’d like to be reflected, feel free to comment below or DM me.
- I am assuming acts that play in Central Texas in early May or before to be in play. There is precedence (albeit a limited one) for acts to play in May and still make it on the bill.
- I will not include any acts that played ACL in the past two years. While I know there are some very limited cases of artists playing twice in a three-year span, it would be overkill to include the 300+ acts when 99% of them are out.
- I will use my discretion to determine the validity of a source/rumor. Sorry in advance if you disagree.
Our categories are:
- Confirmed: Confirmations straight from the festival, artist, or other directly-affiliated sources
- Expected: Renaming last year's “all-but-confirmed” category. These are artists that would be a surprise if they do NOT end up playing for whatever reason
- Logical: Not enough evidence to mark Expected but enough to raise interest beyond Possible; would make sense to see them on the lineup but one could make a plausible case either way
- Rumored: Chatter from fans, playing other festivals, rumored to be touring, etc. Take this with a massive grain of salt, please
- Possible: No reason to believe they’re out, but no reason to suspect they’re likely
- Out: Conflicting tour dates, etc
We have nothing in this section...yet
|Artist ||Reasoning/Notes ||Source |
|Artist ||Reasoning/Notes ||Source |
|Asleep At The Wheel ||They've played every year and there is no reason to expect otherwise in 2020 ||:) |
|Barton Hill Choir ||The real stars of ACL year in and year out. They'll be there...next. || |
|Maren Morris ||Only one show (Rogers, AR on 10/9) between 10/1 date in Tuscaloosa and 10/15 date in San Diego. Playing BottleRock & Gov Ball and looks like she’ll be at Lolla as well. Only other Texas date is Houston Rodeo in early March. She’ll likely play Sunday. ||Tour Dates |
|Vampire Weekend ||ACL-sized gap during tour with no Austin dates. Also playing Bonnaroo, Gov Ball, Okeechobee, Lolla EU and Lolla LATAM. ||Tour Dates |
|Artist ||Reasoning/Notes ||Source |
|Bikini Kill ||No Texas dates and have an ACL-sized gap between dates in Birmingham and Denver. However, they could also be slated to play Levitation, therefore we're not considering them as Expected. ||Tour Dates |
|Pearl Jam ||Playing Lolla EU and other smaller festivals. Playing Eddy Vedder's own Ohana Festival the weekend before ACL in California. Spring dates (which have now since been postponed) skipped Texas entirely. Rumored as a possible Lolla headliner. ||Tour Dates |
|Rage Against The Machine ||Playing Coachella, Boston Calling and Firefly. Tour does not reach Texas (or the south for that matter) and "ends" in Europe in mid-September. Reports are this tour will be politically-driven and playing Texas a month before the elections would make sense. ||Tour Dates |
|Zac Brown Band ||Just one Texas date (DFW) on an 8-month tour that touches almost every part of the country. No dates announced from 9/26 to 10/18. One could assume they’ll be in Texas then and ACL could make sense. ||Tour Dates |
We have nothing in this section...yet
|Artist ||Reasoning/Notes ||Source |
|Artist ||Reasoning/Notes ||Source |
|Ari Lennox ||Playing Coachella and Buku ||Tour Dates |
|Cage The Elephant ||Playing Lolla LATAM, Hangout and Sweetwater 420 ||Tour Dates |
|Calvin Harris ||Playing Coachella ||Tour Dates |
|Carly Rae Jepsen ||Playing Coachella and Gov Ball ||Tour Dates |
|DaBaby ||Playing Coachella ||Tour Dates |
|Danny Caesar ||Playing Coachella ||Tour Dates |
|Dave Matthews Band ||Tour ends in Mississippi 8 days before W1 and does not hit Texas. Playing BottleRock. ||Tour Dates |
|Disclosure ||Playing Coachella and III Points ||Tour Dates |
|Fatboy Slim ||Playing Coachella ||Tour Dates |
|FKA Twigs ||Playing Coachella ||Tour Dates |
|Flume ||Playing Coachella, Bonnaroo, Ultra and Buku ||Tour Dates |
|Foo Fighters ||Playing Jazz Fest, Boston Calling and Oshega ||Tour Dates |
|Glass Animals ||Playing Bonnaroo, Okeechobee and Buku ||Tour Dates |
|Jimmy Eat World ||Tour with noo Texas dates ends in early-September ||Tour Dates |
|Kendrick Lamar ||Playing Lolla Sweden and Oshega ||Tour Dates |
|King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard ||Playing Coachella & Bonnaroo ||Tour Dates |
|Lana Del Rey ||Playing Coachella and Bonnaroo ||Tour Dates |
|Leon Bridges ||Playing Bonnaroo and Oshega ||Tour Dates |
|Lionel Richie ||Playing Jazz fest ||Tour Dates |
|Madeon ||Playing Lolla LATAM, Coachella, Oshega, Gov Ball, Hangout and Ultra. No Texas dates. ||Tour Dates |
|Maggie Rogers ||Playing Jazz Fest and BottleRock ||Tour Dates |
|Marina ||Playing Coachella ||Tour Dates |
|Miley Cyrus ||Playing Bonnaroo, Gov Ball and BottleRock ||Tour Dates |
|Missy Elliot ||Playing Gov Ball ||Tour Dates |
|Oysterhead ||Playing Bonnaroo and Sweetwater 420 ||Tour Dates |
|Portugal. The Man ||Playing Gov Ball and Shaky Knees ||Tour Dates |
|Red Hot Chili Peppers ||Playing Boston Calling, Hangout and BottleRock ||Tour Dates |
|Roger Waters ||Tour ends in Dallas on 10/3, could play Friday or Saturday. No Austin date on tour. Should be noted that he rarely plays back-to-back dates, which would be the case if he did play ACL. ||Tour Dates |
|Rufus Du Sol ||Playing Gov Ball and Lolla Paris. Playing Germania on 3/14 which makes their odds very slim ||Tour Dates |
|Run The Jewels ||Playing Coachella, Bonnaroo and Buku. Touring with RATM and skipping Texas on current tour. ||Tour Dates |
|Seven Lions ||Playing Bonnaroo ||Tour Dates |
|Stevie Nicks ||Playing Jazz Fest, Gov Ball, BottleRock and Jazz Aspen ||Tour Dates |
|Summer Walker ||Playing Coachella and Gov Ball ||Tour Dates |
|Tenacious D ||Playing Bonnaroo ||Tour Dates |
|Tipper ||Playing Bonnaroo and Okeechobee ||Tour Dates |
|Tool ||Playing Bonnaroo, but January date at Frank Erwin makes them less likely ||Tour Dates |
|The Who ||Playing Jazz Fest. Dates in Dallas and Houston in April likely rules them out but we’re still tracking the legendary rockers ||Tour Dates |
|Young The Giant ||Playing Bonnaroo ||Tour Dates |
Out Thanks for your interest and help keeping this up-to-date and accurate!
Days Until ACL 2020: 207
Included in last update:
- Added to Logical: Pearl Jam
- Added to Possible: Jimmy Eat World
- Added to Out: The Strokes
High Ticket Affiliate Programs 2020. Looking for High Ticket Affiliate Programs to double your affiliate earning? Check out these high ticket affiliate programs with the highest paid commission on different niches.. High ticket affiliate programs give affiliate opportunity to double their earning which is one of the best ways to make more money online unlike others. Bandsintown, a platform for connecting live music fans to local live concerts and bands through personalized recommendations and notifications, is publicly releasing its API and launching an <a Personally, I don't think an event ticket affiliate program will work for a site unless they are directly drawing traffic searching for specific events/tickets. In other words, you have to "look" like a ticket broker, or better yet use some of the affiliate programs I mentioned to actually run a "broker" site, leaving the customer service to TicketNetwork's online exchange provides access to thousands of concert, sports, and theater events worldwide. You direct traffic to TicketNetwork.com by posting links, banners, coupon codes and widgets on your websites or social channels. If a customer makes a purchase, you will earn a commission for your successful marketing. The 15 Most Profitable Affiliate Programs with High Ticket Items and High Commissions. The time has come! Let’s dive into these profitable affiliate programs and see how they can earn you a higher revenue from your affiliate marketing strategy: 1. Plus500 Affiliate Program. Visit Affiliate Program Site